Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Daisies Are Art Journalling Page

Good morning

Today's post is sharing an art journal page I created over the last couple of days.

I did not start off with a plan for this page and just went with the flow.

You can see the video here.


This page is going into my 8.5" ring bound album.

I have covered the background with Tim Holtz tissue paper using Mat Medium.
A light coat of Gesso pushes the pattern to the background.
When all of that is dry I took the page to my sewing machine and stitched a zigzag border around the page and a few vertical lines over the page.

To colour the background I used some Colour Blast Colour Paste. I have used both a sponge and my finger to apply the colour.

I used a no name circle stamp to stamp randomly in the background with Archival Inks in Venitian Orange and Black.

Using  a Dylusions stamp called Further Around the Edge, I stamped some leaves on the bottom of the page using two green and a black Archival Ink.

To colour the leaves I used three shades of green from my Pan Pastel set. This was applied with a sponge applicator and then I went over them with a wet brush to set them.


To create the focal point I used watercolour paper that I had given a coat of Gesso. The stamp I used to stamp the flowers is one I have had for about 15years, it is from Embossing Arts Co. and is called 192-GB Giant Flowers.

I coloured the flowers using my Faber Castell Big Brush markers and then detailed the flowers using a Micron black pen.

After I had fussy cut the flowers I used Matt Medium to attach them to the page.


Using my Stabillo All black pencil and a small wet brush I did some shading behind the flowers.

I printed my quote and attached it to the page using Gel medium.

I have a fineline bottle with some watered down black acrylic paint in it and I used that to put a border around my quote and around the page.

I hope you will check out my video here.

Thank you for spending your time here with me today.
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment