Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Art Journal page - Unique

Good morning

Today I am sharing an Art Journal page that I created as a break in my Christmas card making.

I had been thinking of doing this technique for a while now. I have heaps of metal embellishments and am trying to use up my stash.

You can see the video here.

I added some Mont Marte Modelling paste through Kaisercraft's "Script" stencil.

I used Atelier Heavy Gell Gloss to attach the metals to the page and then set it aside to dry.

Next step was to cover the whole page with Gesso and let that dry as well.

I sorted through my mists and decided to go with pinks and purples. The colours I used were, Glimmermist - Iridescent Gold, Fully Purple, Basically Bare, Black Magic & Gold.
Dylusion Ink Spray - Bubblegum Pink and Lemon Zest and Chalkboard - Chalk.

I sprayed with these colours until I had the look I was trying for, this required many coats which were dried between each application.

The two feature pieces were given a coat of Gesso, sprayed with colour and set aside to dry before I attached them to the page using craft foam and my hot glue gun. The gems were attached with clear drying glue.


I added more detail to the background using a dotted grid clear stamp with StazOn Jet Black ink and Encore Gold ink.

I felt that the background needed more colour so I used a Kaisercraft clear stamp "Bubblewrap" and Archival Chrome Yellow to add more of the yellow to the background so the yellow of the butterfly looked like it belonged on the page.

I added a border to the page using both black and white acrylic paints in a fineliner bottle.

The title is a clear sticker from The Craft Stall

Don't forget you can see the process video here.

Thank you for spending your time here with me today

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment