Monday, July 13, 2020

Hippie Love Layout

Good morning folks

Today I am sharing a layout I created as part of my Design Team work at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

This is the Mood Board. Isn't it great. I love the hippie/flower power era. Why not pop over there and check it out. There are prizes to be won and the mood board is so bright and cheery.


This is the layout I created.


I have videoed the process of creating this page and you can watch the video here.

The papers I have used for this layout are from Kaisercraft's Bombay Sunset range.They are so bright and colourful, just what I was looking for. I also used some plain magenta, yellow and orange cardstock.

The edges of all of the papers were distressed using my Prima distress tool and inked using my Versa Color black ink cube.

I trimmed my background patterned paper to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4" and cut the middle from the magenta cardstock leaving a 1 1/2" frame. The patterned paper was then attached to the frame using double sided tape. A piece of yellow cardstock that measures 7" x 1/4" was tucked under the patterned paper at the top left hand of the layout.                                 

To create the layers to go behind the photo I cut the turquoise paper 6 1/2" x 9" and tore along the bottom edges. A piece of the yellow cardstock was cut to 1/2" x 7 3/4" and the striped paper was cut to                      1 1/4" x 7 1/4".


I also cut some small pieces of the Orange (2 3/4" x 3/4"), Stripe (2 1/2" x 3/4") and Turquoise(2" x 3/4") papers to create a small cluster at the top left hand of the layout

The 7" x 5" photo was distressed and then matted on a piece of Orange cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 7 1/4"

I took all of the pieces of patterned paper, photo and the layout base to the sewing machine and stitched a border around them all with white cotton.

All of the pieces were then attached to the layout base.

I cut the peace sign, Love and Flower Power elements from the mood board picture that I had printed out and gave them a coat of Glossy Accents. I wanted to use them to embellish my layout.

I used a paper Shaper punch called Retro Flowers to punch two sizes of the flowers. I scanned the flower into my Scan N Cut and resized it down so I could have some smaller ones as well. I cut an assortment of sizes and colours to create a banner/garland across the bottom of the photo. I also added a few to the hair section of the photo. 

I attached the peace sign with foam tape so it sat above the cluster at the top of the page. Using four strands of embroidery floss I stitched down from the cluster and glued a small flower at the end of each one to create a dream catcher.


I used a Poinsettia die to cut some leaves from the turquoise paper to add to the flower garland.

Once the flowers were glued in place I added some gems to the centres to add some contrast and bling.

I matted the Love word on white cardstock because it got lost in the background and then added it to the layout. I used foam tape behind the heart for a little added interest.

Lastly I used my fineline bottle that has watered down white acrylic paint in it to trace around the peace sign in the top cluster. This made a big difference.

Don't forget, you can watch the video here

Thank you for spending some of your time here with me today

Until next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment