Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Gold and White Christmas Cards

Good morning

Today I am sharing four Christmas cards. Three are Gold and White and one is Gold, White and woodgrain.

You will find the video here


Card Number 1


I created the gold and white striped cardstock by putting Deco Arts Foil Adhesive through a stripe stencil (sorry can't remember the brand, maybe Kaisercraft). I let that dry, laid some gold foil on top of it and then used my brayer to apply pressure on top of the foil to make it stick to the adhesive. Because the adhesive has some texture in it the foil only attached to the high parts of the adhesive. I like this effect but will also try this technique again and see if I can get a smooth finish to the adhesive and an all over cover of the foil.

The card base is 5 1/4" square, the gold striped piece is 5" square.

I used my Memory Box Snowflake Ornament die to cut three ornaments from the gold striped cardstock. I also cut three of the ornaments from gold cardstock

I applied a piece of acetate that measures 4 3/4" square to the back of the gold and white cardstock using glue. Hi Tac foam tape was then used to make a well around each of the ornaments on the acetate.

I ran a fine gold metallic string from each ornament to the top of the gold and white striped cardstock
and folded it over the edge securing it in place with glue.

The gold die cut ornaments were then attached on the front of the acetate.

The filling for my ornaments is Dress my Craft's Sugar Frosting Powder, a very fine glass bead.

A 4 3/4" square piece of white cardstock was then stuck to the panel to contain the fill.

The shaker panel was then attached to the card base.

The greeting for three of these cards came from Paper Rose's Crisp Christmas Sentiment Sheets. They are laser printed so I ran them through my laminator with gold foil on top and the foil stuck to the black print thereby giving me gold foiled greetings.

The greeting was attached to the card using foam tape.

Card Number 2


This card is the only one that has another colour on it. The paper came from the 6" Holly Jolly Christmas paper pad from Uniquely Creative.

This card is also 5 1/4" square but the front panel is partly acetate.

You will need a piece of white cardstock that is 7" x 5 1/4" (score at 5 1/4" on the 7" edge) and one that is 1" x 5 1/4" and a piece of acetate that is 3 1/2" x 5 1/4".

I embossed the acetate using Kaisercraft's Diamond Tiles embossing folder.

The acetate is attached between the pieces of white cardstock ensuring the front and back panels of the card are the same length, making a 5 1/4" square top folding card.

To create the ornament embellishments I combined the leftovers from the two sets of die cuts from the previous card.

I decided where they would be positioned on the acetate and then ran a short length of the metallic string from the ornament up to the centre of the top cardstock section. Next I attached the ornaments to the acetate using glue. The embossing on the acetate helps to hide the gel on the inside of the card.

The patterned paper was cut to 1 1/2" x 5" and 3/4" x 5". The larger piece was attached to the top front panel and the smaller piece was attached to the bottom front panel, covering the edges of the acetate.

I used a poinsettia die to cut 2 of each size flower from gold cardstock, shaped assembled the flower and attached it to the top left of the card front. I also cut an assortment of gold stars using my Nelli's Multi Frame Star die and attached them to the front of the card.

One of the foiled Paper Rose greetings attached to the centre bottom of the card finishes it off.

Card Number 3


This card is very simple. A quick and easy card that is quite striking.

Once again it is a 5 1/4" square card base. I have cut a piece of gold cardstock that is 5" square and two pieces that are 5" x 3/4". I also cut two pieces of white cardstock, one is 4 3/4" square and one is 4 3/4" x 3 3/8".

To make the embellishment I cut my Memory Box Snowflake tree die from gold cardstock.

The two small pieces of gold cardstock were attached to the  4 3/4" edges of the small piece of white cardstock, this was layered onto the 4 3/4" white cardstock which was layered onto the 5" square gold cardstock. This panel was then attached to the front of the card base.

The sentiment for this card is on the inside of the card. I used a Merry Christmas die that I got with a magazine purchase and gold cardstock to create the greeting and attached it using glue.

Card Number 4


This card is the only one that is not square. I wanted to use my Altenew Candy Cane Stripe die so I had to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card so it would fit perfectly.

Once I had cut my die from gold carsick I attached it to the front of the card.

I used a die to cut the three Christmas trees from gold cardstock. I traced around the die onto white cardstock and used my scissors to cut them out so I had a solid white background for my trees. The trees were then attached to the backings.

I cut triangles of chipboard to go behind the trees and then attached them to the card front.

The greeting is from the Paper Rose pack.

Soooo a very long post today. Thank you for sticking with me if you have made it this far.

It may be a little difficult to follow these instructions so you might find it helpful to watch the video here

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment