Friday, January 1, 2021

January 2021 Mystical Scrapbooks Challenge

 Hi there and welcome to 2021.

Today I am sharing the January 2021 Challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks. The theme for this month is "Sketches" and you will find the sketches and the challenge here.

This is the sketch I have used

and here is my layout

The background is Core'dinations Cardstock - Aquarium
I have put DecoFoil Transfer Gel through Dusty Attic's Criss Cross Stencil, once this had dried I applied Fab Foil in Gold and burnished it with my brayer so I would get a good coverage of the foil onto the gel.
I also watered down some Spring Green acrylic paint and splattered that onto the background.

I have used Colour Blast's Arty Farty paper range for this layout.
I have used 4 patterned papers from the range - Progress, Ideas, Possibilities and Transform.

I cut the Progress paper to:- 12" x 1", 6.5" x 2.5", 2" x 5", 1.5" x 2", a 2" circle and a 1.75" circle

The Ideas paper was cut to - 12" x 1", which was punched along one long edge using a Martha Stewart punch, 1" x 5.5", 7" x 4.5", a 1.75" circle and a 1.25" circle

The Possibilities paper was cut to - 5.5" x 5", 1.5" x 2.5" and 2 x 2" circles

Transform was used to cut the title using Die Namics High Rise Numbers die

I attached my patterned papers following the sketch fairly closely.
I added two half circles and some crochet cotton to the layout that were not on the sketch.

The photo is 4.25" x 4" and is matted on the Aquarium cardstock. The photo is of my husband and I taken at one of my sister's weddings in 1989.

I used a fine black pen (Uniball Eye Micro) to draw a double scribbly border around all of the elements on the page and a page border.

Here are a couple of closeups




Click on the link below to see the process video




Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today. I hope you will visit again soon.
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment