Sunday, June 13, 2021

June challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

Good morning 

Today I want to share with you the DT layout I created for the June challenge at 

Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

They have a mood board challenge each month and this month the theme is "Vintage".

You will find the challenge here

I don't do vintage very often but here is my layout.


I have chosen two paper ranges from Kaisercraft to complete this layout, 
Memory Lane and Always & Forever.

All of the papers on this layout have had the edges distressed with my distressing tool and then inked with a Versa Colour black ink cube.

I cut a 1" frame from the burlap look paper in the Memory Lane paper pad and topped that with a piece of white cardstock that I trimmed to 11.5".

I used Kaisercraft's 12" Doily stencil and Mont Marte Modelling Paste to create a risen doily design on the light green wood grained paper from the Memory Lane range.

I created splatters on the background using Dylusions Dirty Martini spray ink, 
Glimmermists Iridescent Gold and Black Magic

Glimmermist's Cherub Pink spray was dribbled down from the top and bottom of the page, to add a bit more colour to the background.

I have layered my 5.5" x 3.5" photo on five layers of patterned paper from both ranges of paper, with each layer decreasing slightly in size.

I hand cut the chevrons from some of the burlap patterned paper that I used for the page border.

The flowers down the left hand edge of the layout were fussy cut from one of the papers in the Always & Forever paper range.
The green flowers were fussy cut from a page in the Memory Lane range.


A tag was cut using a stitched tag die, an eyelet attached and some white crochet cotton 
threaded through the eyelet.

A piece of cheesecloth/muslin was added at the bottom of the photo along with a few items from the Always & Forever collectables pack.


Doodling around the edge of the layout and all of the elements that decorate the page finish this vintage layout off.

Here is the process video


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment