Monday, November 1, 2021

Mystical Scrapbook November Challenge

Good morning

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the November challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.
The challenge for the month is to scrap lift your favourite scrapbooking artist. I have chosen Missy Whidden.
The additional challenge is to add stitching to your layout.

This is the layout I am scrap lifting


and this is my layout



I have used a sheet of 12" x 12" White cardstock as my base.

I applied a coat of clear Gesso to the entire sheet and set it aside to dry

While this was drying I cut eight 2" squares from 

Once the Gesso was dry I used Dylusions Spray Inks in Peony Blush and Vibrant Turquoise.
I used the packaging technique and lots of water to add the colour.
I also added some splatters using Glimmermist in Black Magic.

The photo is backed with a piece of tissue and then
attached to a piece of craft foam.

I inked around the edges of the patterned paper squares and 
attached them to the layout with double sided tape on the left hand edge of each square.
Six of them were attached about 3/4" from the left hand edge of the layout, 
one above where the photo is to be attached and one below the photo.

I used black thread in my sewing machine to stitch down 
the left hand edge of the squares and randomly on the layout.

Next the photo was attached.

I fussy cut a few embellishments from Layer Cuts, one of which is a tag.
I added an eyelet using my Crop a Dial and threaded some red cord through the eyelet.



I used my Versafine Onyx Black ink and a stamp 
(not sure what brand or name of the stamp but I think it is Paper Artsy)
to stamp randomly on to the layout



The title, which is added to the tag, is created using black alpha stickers.

To complete the layout I used a ruler and a fine black pen to draw a double border around the page 
and underlined my title.

I have a process video that you can find below.


As always, thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment