Monday, December 13, 2021

Last of my Christmas cards for 2021

Good morning
I am sharing my last three Christmas cards for this year here today.

I am using a sheet of acetate I have coloured using Alcohol Inks.
Here is the video that shows how I made this sheet.


These are today's cards


They are all 5" square.

I use my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to create envelopes for my cards.

Card No 1.


I used Kaisercraft DD216 Scribble Star die to cut a couple of stars from gold sticky backed paper.
I attached the stars to the acetate sheet and fussy cut around them.
I also cut a 1" x 4 1/2" piece of acetate and attached a 3/8" piece of gold cardstock to the centre of it.

I cut a piece of red paper 4 3/4" square and a piece of white cardstock 4 1/2" square.

I attached the acetate strip 1/8" from the top of the white panel
The red paper and the white cardstock were attached to the card front.
The stars were then attached. I used a Sharpie to 
draw the string lines between the stars and the gold strip.

I used some black acrylic paint in a fineliner bottle to draw a bow at the top of each line.

The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative. 
I matted the sentiment on some of the same red paper I used for the layer.
The sentiment was attached to a scrap of chipboard and then to the card.

Card No. 2


This card has three Christmas trees created in the same way as the stars.
The die I used is one of my favourites and I do not know what brand it is.

The patterned papers are from Paper Rose's B&W Christmas 6" paper pack.
I chose two dark papers and one light.
I cut the papers 4 3/4", 4 1/2" and 4 1/4" square.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 2 3/4" x 5" and two 1/2" x 5" strips
of gold cardstock that where attached to the top and bottom of the white panel.

The Christmas trees were attached to the white panel using liquid glue.

I did not attach a sentiment to this card. I did not want to cover up the trees.

Card No. 3


The layers for this card are 4 3/4" for the red and 4 1/2" for the white.

I embossed the white panel using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I cut strips of the coloured acetate 3/8" wide.
I attached these to a piece of plain acetate using Art Glitter glue

I used my Spellbinder circle dies to cut a circle from the acetate
and a larger circle from gold cardstock.
I attached the acetate circle to the gold circle.
I hand cut a gold top to create a bauble from the circle.

A piece of black crochet cotton was attached at the top of the embossed white panel.

The bauble was then attached to the embossed panel

The red and white panels were then attached to the front of the card.

The sentiment, once again, is from Uniquely Creative 
and is matted on some of the red paper used for the panel.
The sentiment is attached to the card front with a piece of chipboard behind it.

Here is my process video


Thank you for being here with me today

As always, till next time
stay safe
hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment