Friday, March 25, 2022

Art Journal Page

Hi there

Today I am sharing my latest art journal page.


I have used two pages from my Happy Planner notebook.
I have glued them together and given one side of the page a coat of white Gesso

To colour the background I have applied Gelatos and blended them using my finger.

I have used 
Lemon
Gold Champagne
Tangerine 
and Grape

My next layer is random stamping with StayzOn Jet Black Ink 
and a background stamp that I don't know the name or brand of.
You can see the stamp in the video if you are interested to see what it looks like

Next layer for the background is Modelling/Texture Paste through a Mandala stencil

To create the hearts I applied Paper Mill Alcohol Inks to a sheet of Gloss Photo paper 
and used my air puffer to move the ink around.

The inks I used are
Lemon Yellow Shimmer
Burnt Orange Metallic
Silver Metallic
Gold Metallic
Rolling Waters Metallic
Purple Sequin Metallic
Silvery Metallic
and Penny Loafer Metallic

Once the inks were dry I used my Cutterbee scissors 
to cut an assortment of sizes of heart shapes from the card.

These were attached to my page using Matt Medium, being careful 
not to smudge the background, as I had not sealed it.

Watered down white acrylic paint was splattered all overt the page next

I drew a sketchy line just inside the edge of each of the hearts 
and a scalloped decorative border around the outside of each heart.

A sketchy boarder was also added to the edges of the page.

The quote is from the internet, I printed it onto copier paper,
trimmed it and added it to the page using Art Glitter glue.

I used my black Fudeball pen to draw a sketchy border around the quote.
 



Here is my process video


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
If you have any questions or suggestions please leave them in the comments

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment