Sunday, May 29, 2022

Retro TV Program Competition at Mystical Scrapbooks

Good morning

Today's layout is for week 5 of the Retro TV Program competition over at Mystical Scrapbooks.
You will find the competition here.

The program for this week is Friends.
The colour palette is rainbow, the required item is a Coffee Cup / Champagne Glass, 
you must use glitter on your page and the bonus item from the optional kit is a fabric heart.

Here is my layout


As you can see I have got the rainbow of colours as the background of my layout.
I used Simple Stories - Hello Summer papers for this layout.

I gutted a piece of black cardstock leaving a 1" frame.
My 11 1/2" square piece of Life is Good was attached to the frame using double sided tape.

I watered down both black and white acrylic paints and used my fan brush to create splatters all over my background.

I trimmed my 7" x 5" main photo to 7" x 4 1/2" and filed around the edge 
of each of the three photos with an emery board to add a fine white border.

I cut a piece of Oh Happy Day 8" x 6" and tore along one of the 8" edges.
After inking around the edges I attached my large photo to it.

I wrapped some black & white Twine around my photo three times and tied a knot at the front.

The two smaller photos were matted onto Catching Rays with a 3/16" border on each side.

I added cardboard to the back of each of the photos and attached them to the layout.

I painted my coffee cup chipboard with white acrylic paint. 
When this was dry I added a liberal coat of Art Glitter glue and pressed 
Dress my Craft Rainbow Glitter onto it, making sure it had a nice thick coat.

I added the coffee cup and the fabric heart to the layout using Art Glitter glue

To create the title I used Sizzix 662667 Alphabet die and black cardstock.
I attached the title using Art Glitter glue and my reverse tweezers

To finish the layout off I used my fountain pen to draw a double scribbly border around the page.






You can see my process video here.
I hope you enjoy watching it


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment