Thursday, September 1, 2022

September Challenge for Mystical Scrapbooks

Good morning, good morning

Today I am sharing my DT layout for Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme for this month is "Favourite Books"
I have used "Little Women" as my inspiration for this layout.
The challenge also requires you to use paint on your layout.



I have used Kaisercraft Pale Beige paint through a stencil on the white cardstock background for the first way I have used paint.

Next I watered down some rust coloured paint and painted that behind the photo position,
sprayed it with some water and let the paint run down the page.
I also added splatters for the second and third ways I have use paint.

Once all of this was dry I used my Uniquely Creative Floral Text stamp and black ink
 to stamp around the area where my photo will be.

I tore the edges of my background cardstock and added it to a sheet of rust coloured cardstock.
I then used my sewing machine to stitch around the page and randomly on the page.

The 6" x 4" photo of my sister, has the edges filed with an emery board 
before being matted onto a piece of the same coloured cardstock as I used for the background frame.


The patterned paper is form 49 and Markets Curator Botanical paper pack.
This particular paper is called Botanical - Flutterology

I cut 3 strips each 2" wide and tore the edges.

One I had torn them to the length I wanted,
I inked all of the edges with my Versa Colour black ink cube
and attached them to the background.

The photo was attached next with a layer of cardboard behind it.

The embellishments came from the Ephemera Bits for this collection.


The title was cut from black cardstock using one of my alpha dies.

The title and the butterfly bodies have a coat of Dimensional Magic to finish this layout off.



You can see my process video here


As always, thank you for spending part of your day here with me.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment