Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Kaisercraft Wonderland Christmas Cards

Good morning friends.

Today I am going to share with you three Christmas cards I have made using Kaisercraft's Wonderland range.

I stumbled across Kaisercraft's store in Adelaide's city centre and couldn't believe my eyes. There are two other Kaisercraft stores in the Adelaide suburbs but they are a long way from my suburb and the city is only 15 minutes away. I love Kaisercraft papers so you can imagine I was doing a happy dance when I found the city store. I have already paid it a couple of visits.

Last time I was there I picked up the 6.5" paper pad and collectables from the Wonderland collection and the clear stamp from the Peace & Joy collection because I wanted to start on a few Christmas cards and I didn't want to use the traditional Christmas colours of red and green.

I have a video on my YouTube channel showing how these cards were made, you might like to check it out.


All of the cards are 5.25" square and made with card bases I have cut from cardstock.
I have used WorldWin Treasures - Sage for two of the cards and White for the third card.

All of the patterned papers and embellishments have their edges inked with black ink.


I chose a piece of patterned paper from the paper pad and trimmed it to 5" square. I then cut a piece of velum to the same size and ran it through my Big Shot using and a Cuttlebug embossing folder that gives the background an all over pattern of baubles.

I cut a Memory Box Snowflake Ornament die using gold cardstock and then mounted that onto some green patterned paper. I cut some thin strips of the same gold cardstock to make the "strings" that the baubles hang from. I attached the strips to the velum with glue and the baubles with foam squares. I also cut the Merry Christmas sentiment from the same gold cardstock and attached that to the velum with glue. Using glue behind the embellishments and sentiment I attached the velum to the card base on top of the patterned paper.

I decorated the inside of the card with a tag from the embellishment pack, that said "May all your Christmas wishes come true" and a gold heat embossed tree that I stamped using the stamp set onto velum and fussy cut.


This card uses one of the green card bases. I folded the front of the card back on itself to create a Z fold card.

I used the same patterned paper to cover the inside of the card and the front panel.
I cut a piece of the green cardstock to 2.5" x 4" which I covered with the same patterned paper that I had used on the rest of the card.

I chose three embellishments from the pack and layered them onto the left hand side of the card front.

The sentiment also comes from the embellishment pack. I gave it a light coat of Zig 2 way glue and then sprinkled fine glitter onto it.

On the inside of the card I attached another die cut from the embellishment pack which says "Believe in the Magic of Christmas and the word "Joy" from the stamp set that had been stamped onto velum, heat embossed with gold and then fussy cut.


The last card for today has got three layers of patterned paper as a background, each layer is 1/8" smaller than the one below it. The edges of each layer have been distressed using my Prima Distressing Tool before being inked. They are then attached on top of each other. I have used double sided tape to do this but you could use foam squares on one or all of the layers for more dimension if you wanted to.

A strip of green cardstock that is 1.75" x 5" has been added to the left hand side of the card front and a 1.5" x 5" piece of patterned paper has been added on top of that.

The Christmas tree, star and greeting are from the embellishment pack and have been added to the card using foam squares.

For a little bit of sparkle I covered the Christmas tree using my clear Wink of Stella brush.

The inside of the card has a double strip of patterned paper like the strip on the front of the card.

My three cards for today do not use traditional Christmas colours but I think they look very Christmassy. I hope you agree.

Thank you for spending some of your day here with me today. Don't forget to check out the video,
you will see just how easy it is to make these cards and hopefully be inspired to start on your Christmas cards for this year.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment