Wednesday, October 9, 2019

We Can All Fly Art Journal page

Good morning,

Today's post is about an Art Journal page.

I really enjoy doing these pages and try to do at least one per month.

I created a process video and you can see it here.

I have used a page from my Happy Planner notebook. To prepare my page I stuck two pages together for some extra body to the paper as it is only notebook paper and gave the front a coat of white Gesso. I always leave the back of the page blank so I can write down the products I used because when I come back to it in the future I can never remember what products I have used. I have heaps of pages that I really like but can't repeat because I have not written on them what I have used.


The background of this page is created using Gelatos. I scribbled them onto the page and then used my finger dipped in water to spread them across the page and blend them. The colours used are Lime, White, Lemon, Green Tea, Pistachio, Blueberry, Mango, Metallic Blueberry, Spearmint and Cotton Candy.

I used a clear stamp that looks like circles of thread with Encore Gold, Stayzon Jet Black and Archival Fern Green, Watering Can & Cornflower Blue inks to stamp randomly all over the background

The next layer for the background was some Mont Marte Modelling Paste through a 13@rts stencil. I can never find the names on the 13@rts products so not sure what it is called


While I was waiting for the background to dry I used a sheet of white cardstock that had a coat of white gesso and Color Crush powders in Pineapple, Wheat Grass and Blue Heaven along with some Colour Blast powders in Lemon Zing, Olive Grove and Cool Mint to make a green mottled paper to create my tree. I drew a tree shape on the cardstock once it was dry and cut it out with my scissors. I ran it through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then gave it a spray with some Glimmermist - Iridescent Gold

Using the same cardstock I stamped two of the birds from Tim Holt's Crazy Birds stamp set using Stayzon Jet Black Ink. I coloured the birds with Distress Inks using Mustard Seed, Candied Apple, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin. I used a finger dauber to apply the colour.
I then cut them out using the matching dies.


I attached the tree to the page using Matisse Matt Gel Medium being careful not to get any on the background because the gelatos are water activated and will move around if I put matt medium on them. I cut a trunk for the tree from a piece of scrap paper and attached that as well.

I used Stayzon ink once again and stamped the birds onto the page where I wanted them to be so I would have the fine detail like legs etc and then attached the coloured birds on top of the stamped images.

Because I wanted to use my Faber Castelle Big Brush Markers to do some shading I sprayed the page with a Matt sealer and then shaded around each of my focal points.

I used an assortment of foliage stamps to create some grass at the bottom of the page to ground the bird and tree.

An assortment of black permanent markers were used to add details to the page as well as a border.

The quote was printed from my computer on normal printer paper and attached to the page using matt gel medium. The border around the quote was done with a black Fude ball pen.

Final step was to water down some white acrylic paint and make some splatters all over the page. I then used a baby wipe to wipe the splatter off of the birds.

So there you have it, a bit long winded but you can check out the video on my YouTube channel, it might be a bit easier to follow.

Thank you for spending a part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment