Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Believe In Magic Art Journal Page

Good afternoon

I am a bit early today, I normally post on a Wednesday but seeing as how tomorrow is Christmas day I thought I would share my post with you today.

Today's post is about an art journalling page.

This  page is whimsical, with pastel colours

I have recorded the process of this simple page. You can see the video here.

I am using a page out of my disc bound journal which started life as a Happy Planner notebook. I have glued two pages together with Gel Medium and given one side of the page a coat of white Gesso.


The colours for my background are Pan Pastels. I have applied Phthalo Blue Tint, Turquoise, Orange Shade, Permanent Green Tint, Hansa Yellow and Bright Yellow Green randomly all over the page, with a sponge. I then sealed the pastels by lightly spraying with water. Once this was dry I applied another coat and sealed it in the same way as the colour was lighter than I had planned.

I used TCW81 Swirls and Dots stencil to apply Faber Castell Texture Luxe - Pearl all over the background. Some of the paste got under the stencil which I do not particularly like but it worked out OK.

The unicorn image came from a book with animal images in it. I photocopied the image onto the smooth side of some watercolour paper. Using my Semco Pearlescent water colours I coloured and shaded the image.

The image was then fussy cut ready to attach to the background.

Before I attached the image I added some stamping using a clear stamp, unfortunately I don't know the name or the brand of the stamp, with both black StazOn ink and Encore gold ink. I was very light handed with the black as I did not want it to overpower the page and used the gold to fill the background.

I attached the unicorn using Matisse Mat Gel Medium, which of course, took the pearlescence away from the image so I gave it another coat of the watercolour.

Next step was to add the detail back into the image. I did this with my Fude ball black pen and a Uniball eye micro black pen

I used my Stabillo All pencil (black) to add some shading around the unicorn and add a border to the page. I also added a scribbly boarder using my Fude Ball pen.

The title was cut from black cardstock using Sizzix Cherish Alpha dies. This was attached to the page with Aileens Original Tacky glue.

Don't forget you can watch the whole process over on my YouTube channel here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and spending your time here with me.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment