Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Scrapbooking Layout "Year Six Social"

Good morning,

It is getting close to Christmas now, only one week to go.

My layout today is not a Christmas one but a layout to record the memories of my Grand-daughters first school social.

I recorded the process and you can see the video here.


I purchased a Kaisercraft 12" x 12" paper pad of the "Rosabella" paper range because the colours in it went well with the colour of the dress in the photo.

I created a sketch to give me an idea of how this layout would look and worked from that.

My background is a 12" x 12" piece of white cardstock, to this I added some Mont Marte Modelling Paste that I had coloured with some Duncan Plum Blossom acrylic paint and put through a Kaisercraft 6" stencil. I did not cover the whole background, just here and there. I then set that aside to dry.

I chose 6 patterned papers from the paper pad and cut them to the sizes I had drawn in my sketch.
Patterned paper No. 1 - 1 @ 4.5" x 9", 1 @ 7.5" x 1.5", 1 @ 2" x 1" and 1 @ 1.5" by 2.5"
Patterned paper No. 2 - 1 @ 4" x 7.5"
Patterned paper No. 3 - 1 @ 1.5" x 11" and 1 @ 3" x 0.75"
Patterned paper No. 4 - 1 @ 6.25" x 1.5", 1@ 1.5" x 0.5", 1@ 2" x 0.5" and 1 @ 2.5 x 0.5
Patterned paper No. 5 - 3 scalloped circles 1 @ 2", 1 @ 3" and 1 @ 4"
Patterned paper No. 6 - 1 @ 4.25" x 1.5" and 1 @ 1" x 0.5"

For the circles I used my Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circle Large and Lifestyle Crafts Nested Lace Circles dies. I then used Couture Creations "Washed Away" embossing folder to add a bit of extra detail. I wiped my black ink pad lightly over the circles to help the embossing stand out.

I then inked all of the edges of all of the patterned papers and attached them to the background.

Once I had my basics in place I played around with the layout a little adding a few more strips of patterned paper where I thought it needed it.

The photo started out as a 5" x 7" but I trimmed it down to 2.75" x 7"
I had the small photo left over from some other photos I had printed for the second of this two page layout so I decided to add it to this layout. I matted it on some white cardstock and used cardboard behind it before I attached it to the layout so it had a bit of extra height.

It was at this stage that I decided to add the pennants. I wanted some embellishments but did not want to use flowers hoping for a more fun look to the page. I used a die to cut the three layers of each pennant in a different patterned paper, inked the edges and then assembled them using foam squares between the two triangular shapes. These were then attached to the layout using glue.

I put a white brad on the inside edge of each pennant run and then I applied a fine row of glue at the top of the pennants, wound some white crochet cotton around the brads and stuck it along the top of the pennants.

A crystal gem at the centre of each pennant and a very small title attached to one of the strips of the layout, finished this layout off.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my layout, but don't forget you can see the whole process over on my YouTube channel here.

I am getting very close to 300 subscribers and I plan on having a give away when I get there. Why not subscribe now because you will have to be a subscriber to win, it will be a random draw from all subscribers.

Thanks for sharing your time here with me today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment