Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Eyes Open Art Journal page

Good morning to you.

Today I am talking about an art journal page that I have been thinking about creating for some time.

I have seen several versions of this page over the last 5 - 6 years and always thought I would like to have a go at it, so today is the day.

I have created a video showing how I created this page and you can see it here if you would like to see how the page come together.

I used a page of watercolour paper that I had cut to 8.75" x 8.25", gave it a coat of Gesso, which was unnecessary as I ended up covering it all up but I do the Gesso in advance and I never know what I am going to end up doing with the page. I also punched 4 holes in it to add it to my ring bound album.


I used some gold book paper that had black text on it for the background which I attached to the page with Gloss Gel.

While this was drying I used my alcohol markers to colour some flowers that I had stamped with StayZon ink and cut out with my Scan N Cut.  I used a simple colouring technique using two shades of each colour for each flower.

The face came from an Adelaide Cabaret Festival program book. I loved the face the first time I saw it so I have kept it in my stash for a couple of years. I cut the face out and attached it to the page, once again using Gloss Gel

I attached the flowers and leaves around the face.

I used my black Stabillo All pencil and my water brush to shade around all of the elements.

Next step was to use my Uniball Eye black fine-line pen and my Uniball Signo white pen to add details and highlights to the page.

The page's scribbly border was added using my black FudeBall pen.

The title was on the same page of the program as the face so I trimmed around it, attached it to the page and shaded around it with my Stabillo All pencil and water brush

To add a little sparkle to the page I used Nuvo Glitter Drops in the centre's of some of the flowers.

To finish the page off I cut off any overhang, re-punched the holes for the rings and splattered some watered down white Gesso onto the page.

I hope you have enjoyed you visit to my blog today

Don't forget to check out the video here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment