Friday, March 13, 2020

Cinderella Layout


Good morning

Today I have created a layout as part of my Design Team work for Off The Rails Scrapbooking. I have used the March mood board.

You can see the challenge here. Why not pop over and have a look and perhaps enter. There is a great prize up for grabs.

The photo is of my Grand-Daughter when she was playing Cinderella in a production during the January school holidays and I felt that the "dreamy/boho" feel of the mood board was ideal for this photo.

I have created a video showing the process of creating this layout. You can watch the video here.

This is the mood board
Image may contain: one or more people

and this is the layout I have created.


Here is a close up so you can see a little more of the detail.


To start the layout I used Mont Marte Modelling Paste through Kaisercraft's Doily stencil, using just a part of the design at the top of the page.

Once this had dried I used Dylusions Ink Spray in Vibrant Turquoise, which I watered down to apply colour from the top of the page letting it run through the stencilled design and down to the bottom of the page

Kaisercraft's DD100 Feather die was used to cut about 13 feathers from a pale blue patterned paper and white cardstock. These were then coloured using the same ink as I had used on the background. I did not cover the feathers completely with the colour as I wanted to vary the depth of colour and the placement of colour on each one. When they had dried I inked around the cut edges with black ink.

My Uniball Eye Micro black pen was used to outline the doily design.

The feathers were attached to the layout using Aileen's Original Tacky Glue, then the black pen was used to draw in the strings that attached the feathers to the dream catcher and to give the feathers a scribbly outline.

The Craft Shop Enamel stickers were added to look like the beads that always seem to be in dream catchers and to add another element and texture to the page.

I used an emery board to file around the edges of the photo, which I had trimmed to 4.5" x 5". This was then mounted on a piece of black cardstock that was slightly bigger than the photo. I used some cardboard from an old carton to lift the photo up from the layout.

A scribbly boarder was added to the edge of the white cardstock using the same Uniball pen.

The title was cut from black cardstock using Sizzix's 662667 Alphabet die and attached under the photo. The date the photo was taken was hand written under that.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about this layout. Don't forget you can see the process video here. If you have not subscribed to my YouTube channel yet I would love it if you would. Why not pop over to Off TheRails Scrapbooking and have a go at their challenge. You could win a prize.

Thanks for spending your time here with me today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment