Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Three Acetate Cards

Good morning to you

Glad you can join me today. Today's post is to share a set of three cards I have made using acetate as the front of each card.

You can watch the video here if you would like to see how they were made.


The card above is 5.25" square and is cut from a sheet of double sided cardstock.
I cut a piece of acetate that was the same size as the card
I cut a 1" strip from the front bottom of the card then I cut another 3" piece from the front of the card
Using a daisy stamp, Versamark Ink and White Embossing powder I heat embossed the daisies onto the acetate.

The pieces that I had cut from the front of the card were embossed using a Couture Creations embossing folder called Walrus & Carpenter which also has an all over daisy pattern.

The 1" piece was attached to the bottom front of the acetate, the acetate was then attached to the back of the top front of the card base using glue. a piece of cardstock was then attached to the back of the acetate.

A ribbon was wrapped around a piece of the embossed cardstock and then attached to the top outside of the card front.

Using a die I die cut a three layer daisy from the same cardstock as the card was made from. I also cut a circle of the mauve and a larger circle of white using Spellbinders Standard Circle dies. I stamped the greeting on the mauve circle, using Hero Arts Small Greetings stamps, then heat embossed it with the same embossing powder I had used on the acetate. The flower and the greeting were attached to the bottom section of the card.


This second card is the same size. I cut a 5.25" square piece from the same cardstock as the first card.
I cut a piece of acetate 5.25" x 6.5" which I scored at 5.25". I then embossed the acetate using a honeycomb embossing folder, not sure of the brand, I think it is a Spellbinders.

The acetate was then attached to the cardstock and a piece of cardstock placed over the top of the join.

A 2" x 5.25" piece of cardstock was punched along both the long edges using an American Crafts Knock out punch. This was then attached to the card front about 1" up from the bottom of the acetate.
A 1" wide piece of the patterned cardstock was attached to the back of the acetate to cover the glue that was used to attach the front strip.

I used a Kaisercraft (DD503) butterflies die to cut an ornate butterfly from a scrap piece of cardstock that had alcohol inks pounced onto it. This had been in my stash for some time.

I am not sure of the brand of the stamp I used to stamp the greeting, I stamped it onto a piece of the same mauve cardstock and attached it to the punched strip.

I attached some Kaisercraft rhinestones to the right hand edge of the card front.



The last card was the easiest. I used an all over flower die to cut the design from gold mirror card.

I cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5" x 4.5" and a piece of acetate to 4.5" x 6.5" and scored at 5.5".

The die cut was attached to the acetate and then the acetate was attached to the black cardstock and then a piece of black cardstock was placed over the area where the acetate was attached to the card.

The hello greeting was stamped and heat embossed with gold Embossing powder onto some black cardstock, trimmed to size and then this was attached to the card front.

Thanks for spending your time here with me today. Don't forget to check out the video here.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment