Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Flower Box Card

Good morning to you

Today I am going to share how I constructed this pretty box card. I will give you the measurements for constructing the actual box part but the decoration of the card can be quite varied. I have used flowers but I have seen boxes with hearts, Easter eggs, stars, presents and all sorts of items depending on the occasion the card is for.

I have made a video of the process, so if you want to see exactly how I made these flowers you can see the process here.



OK so let's get started.
I started with an A4 sized piece of 240gsm white card. I cut a piece 5 1/2" x 10"

The cutting guide and measurements are shown in the diagram below. Cut two of the 3 3/8" x 3/4" pieces


Once you have your cardstock ready this diagram shows where to cut and where to fold.
Only three of the four top (where the cut is down to the centre fold) sections are folded down. The end section (opposite the 1/2" fold) becomes the back of the box and stays at full height.

Use glue to attach the 1/2" tab to the inside of the box back. Then attach the two strips to the inside of the box about 1/2" down from the top and about 3/4" apart.


To create the flowers I have stamped four Heartfelt Creations stamp sets not white cardstock. The stamp sets I used are Delicate Asters, Daisy Patch, Tattered Blossoms and Sparkling Poinsettia.


I then scanned these into my Scan N Cut and cut several of each of them from four assorted patterned papers. I also cut the leaves in green cardstock.

I inked the edges of all of the flower layers and leaves then shaped each layer before assembling the flowers using glue. A gem was added to the centre of each flower.


Next step was to decorate the box itself. I chose pink for this. The white with pink spots is a paper from Creative Imaginations that I have had in my stash for many year. It was printed in 2008.
I am not sure what brand the bright pink is as it was a scrap that had no branding strip on it. The green for the leaves was also from my scrap box but I know it was a Kaisercraft paper just not sure what range. All of the papers have had their edges inked with black ink before being attached to the card.

From the pink spot I cut 3 pieces 2 1/4" square and 4 pieces 2 1/4" x 3". Attach 3 of each size to the outside front and side panels of the box. The last piece is attached to the top outside back of the box.

From the bright pink I cut 3 pieces 2 1/4" square which were attached to the top of the folded down sections. Then cut a piece 2 1/4" x 5 3/8" and attach it to the inside of the back panel

I decided to add some height to the two strips that ran across the inside of the box so I could get a layered effect to my flowers. I cut two pieces of white cardstock 2" square and attached them to the strips that run through the card so their heights were staggered. I then covered them with the bright pink patterned paper.



Using my hot glue gun I attached the flowers to the three panels.

I cut a tag from white cardstock using Kaisercraft's DD521 Die Cut Shapes die. I stamped Happy Birthday on the tag, using Hero Arts Small Greetings stamp and black ink. I then inked around the edge of it and attached it to the bottom right section of the front flap. I also added another flower and leaf to this panel.

My final step was to add a 2 1/4" x 3" piece of white cardstock to the bottom back of the card where I can write my personal greeting.


So there we have it a pretty box card that fits into a 7 1/4" x 5 1/4" envelope when flattened.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and if you want to try this for yourself but get a little lost with my directions pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video. I am sure that will clear up any questions you have. Alternatively you can leave your questions in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for dropping by today

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment