Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Layout for Mystical Scrapbooks August Challenge

Good morning folks

Today I am sharing a layout I have created for one of the August challenges over at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme for the month is Textiles and this particular challenge is to use two colours and textiles on your project.

As usual I have videoed my process and you can see it on my YouTube channel here.

I have used navy blue and gold as my two colours and some gyprock tape, burlap ribbon and tassel ribbon for my textiles.

A couple of fabric flowers that I created in this video were also used on this layout.

The inspiration for choosing these colours was Kaisercraft's Starry Night- Daring patterned paper. I wanted to fussy cut the flowers and use them as embellishments.

This is the layout I created. I have used a 6" x 4" black & white photo of my Mum that was taken on a recent visit.


I have attached several pieces of the Gyprock tape to the Kaisercraft Navy cardstock base before splattering it with watered down gold acrylic paint.

Next I sprayed the burlap ribbon with Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold. I gave it a good spray because I wanted it to be completely covered.

My photo is matted on white cardstock that measures 4 1/8" x 6 1/8".

I have cut my patterned papers, (blue hearts) 7 1/2" x 7 3/4", (blue self pattern) 6" x 6", (Kaisercraft Starry Night - Daring) 8 1/2" x 2", (gold corrugated card) 2" x 9 3/4"  and 2 strips of plain gold cardstock to go behind the Daring paper 8 1/2" x 1/2"

All of the edges have been distressed using my distress tool and inked with black ink.

They were all attached to the layout using double sided tape.

I have used my hot glue gun to attach the burlap ribbon after I had attached the white tassel ribbon to it using glue.

The photo is mounted on craft foam and attached to the layout with hot glue.



I also used hot glue to attach the flowers and the fabric flowers to the layout.



I printed my title on a piece of co-ordinating cardstock and matted it on a piece of the blue patterned paper. This was foam mounted and attached to the layout using my hot glue gun.

Why not pop over to Mystical Scrapbooks and have a look at the three challenges they have go going on over there right now. You could win the monthly prize.

Don't forget to have a look at the video.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment