Friday, September 25, 2020

Vintage layout

 Good afternoon

Today I would like to share a layout I created using DCWV Scripts and Music Notes paper pad.

The photo was taken at my Grandmother's 60th birthday celebrations. She is in the middle with all of her children (including my mother) surrounding her.


It is a very economical way to create a layout. I have used one sheet of patterned paper and one sheet of white cardstock to create the base of the layout. I cut a 9 1/2" square from the centre of a piece of patterned paper and a 10" square from the centre of a piece of white cardstock and used them as my layers.

So the base is the 2" white cardstock frame, topped with the frame of patterned paper, next is the 10" square of white cardstock and then the 9 1/2" square of patterned paper.

All of the papers have been distressed and inked.

The photo is 6" x 4" and I have used an emery board to file around the edges to give it a distressed look. I then matted the photo on a piece of white cardstock that had been distressed and inked. This assembly was then added to the layout with craft foam behind it to give some added dimension.



The flowers were hand made using Couture Creations CO724161 flower die.

The chipboard corner and leaves were given a coat of white acrylic paint.

A half doily, white rose ribbon and some resin hearts completed the embellishments used on the page.

The title was cut from patterned paper using Kaisercraft's DD700 Alphabet Upper Case die 

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my layout today.

I have not made a video for this layout so if you have any questions please leave them in the comments below and I will answer them for you.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment