Sunday, November 1, 2020

Mystical Scrapbooks November Challenge

 Hi friends

Today I am sharing the cards and tag I made for the November challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme for November is Cards & Gifts and my challenge is to create a set of three cards, one of which must be a shaker card. They can be for any occasion but I have chosen to make mine Christmas themed.

There is a video which you can see here

I have used Uniquely Creative's Holly Jolly Christmas 6" paper pad for all of these cards/tags.


Lets start with this card


I used a laminating pouch and some glitter to create the glitter acetate the is the front of this card. You can see how I did this in this video

The card base is a piece of white 240gsm cardstock that I cut to 8 1/8" x 6". This was scored at 2" and 4 1/16" along the 8 1/8" edge. I folded it in half at the 4 1/16" score mark and then the front of the card was folded back onto itself at the 2" score mark.

I cut a piece of the laminate so it was 3 3/4" x 6" and attached that to the front of the card so the right hand edges were level

I selected the red/green plaid patterned paper and a green checked paper to embellish this card.

The red/green plaid paper was cut to 1 3/4" x 5 3/4", 1 7/8" x 5 3/4", 1 1/2" x 5 3/4" and 7/8" x 5 3/4".
The green check was cut to 1 1/2" x 5 1/2"

These papers were then added to the card base with the 1 3/4" piece being on the front, the 1 7/8" pieces being on the inside front, the 1 1/2" piece on the left of the inside back and the 7/8" piece on the right hand inside back.

The tag was cut from the Holly Jolly Christmas - Gifts paper and the tree and greeting are from the Creative Cuts.

I fussy cut around the tree to remove the white border and used foam to attach it to the card.

Next card
This is my shaker card which must be included for the challenge.


The base for this card is Tim Holt Kraft-Core which I cut to 5 1/4" x 10 1/2", scored and folded at 5 1/4" to make a 5 1/4" square card.

I also cut a piece of white cardstock 5" square

I used Couture Creations Candy Cane die to cut two candy canes in the white panel.
I attached a piece of clear acetate to the back of this panel, then made two boxes around the candy canes with high tac foam tape. Foam tape was also added to the top and bottom edges of this panel so that when it was attached to the card base the edges would be supported.

The shaker sections were filled with Dress My Crafts's Frosted Sugar Powder. I put two little piles of this on my card front and then attached the white panel on top of them.

I used the same candy cane die to cut two candy canes from Gold mirror board and attached them to the front of the card to add the detail.

I used the same green paper that I used on the previous card. One piece was cut to 5" x 1 1/4" and attached to the top of the card and the other piece is 5" x 3/4" and is attached to the bottom of the card.

I die cut some stars from the gold mirror board using my Nellie's Multi Frame Star die and attached them to the bottom of the card.

A greeting was selected from the Creative Cuts and added to the top section of the card front.

Because the inside of the card is kraft in colour I added a piece of white cardstock that is 3" x 5" to the right hand edge of the inside back and a piece of the green check that is 2" x 5" to the inside left of the card back. A 1/4" x 5" piece of the gold mirror board covers the join. A circular "Merry Christmas" piece from the Creative Cuts finishes the inside of the card.

Card number three


This card has a transparent panel in the front.

I used the same cardstock for this card base as I used for the previous card.
I cut a piece 7 1/4" x 5 1/4" (score this at 2" on the 7 1/4" edge) and a piece 1 1/4" x 5 1/4".

The acetate for the front panel was cut to 3" x 5 1/4". This was attached to the front short panel (2" section) with glue and then the bottom panel was attached in the same way ensuring that the bottom edge of the front lined up with the bottom edge of the back.

I cut some antique gold cardstock to 1 1/4" x 5" and 1" x 5" and attached these to the outside of the card.
I chose a pale green cardstock from the paper pack and cut that to 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" and 3/4" x 4 3/4" and layered them on top of the gold.

There is a paper in the pack that has many small poinsettia on it, I fussy cut some of those and attached them randomly to the green panels with foam squares. A dab of gold Stickles to the centre of the poinsettia added a bit of bling to the card.

To embellish the clear panel I used Wow Mini Christmas Tree chipboard. 
I heat embossed them with some Antique Gold embossing powder and added them to the clear panel using Art Glitter Glue which has dried completely invisibly. Perhaps next time I make this card I will heat emboss both sides of the Christmas trees.
A sequin from the 28 Lilac Lane Velvet sequin pack was added tot the top of each tree for a bit of colour and sparkle.

The gold of the Christmas trees, did not stand out very well against the kraft inside the card so I added a 5" square piece of white cardstock to the inside back of the card.
I had a few fussy cut poinsettia left so I added them to the bottom left of the white cardstock. 

I chose a sheet of the paper (it was actually the front of the paper pack) that has all of the poinsettia on it and cut three strips, 1 3/4" x 5", 1" x 5" and 3/8" x 5". The two larger pieces were attached to the inside front of the card and the smallest piece was added to the inside back about 1/4" from the top.

The greeting was selected from the Creative Cuts pack and attached to the inside back. I think I should have attached it higher up so it did not show through the clear front panel but by the time I noticed it the glue had dried and I couldn't move it.

Bonus Tag


I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" and cut two corners to create the tag base.
This was basically made from the scraps of patterned paper I had laying on my desk. The gold piece is 2" x 4 3/8", the green piece is 5/8" x 4 3/8" and the red is 1 1/4" x 4 3/8"

I used my Crop-O-Dial to add a black eyelet to the top of the tag then threaded some "Merry Christmas" ribbon, from many years ago, through the eyelet.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" and a piece of patterned paper 2" x 3" and layered them together. I added foam to the back of this panel.

I attached a piece of gold mesh to the tag and then added the panel on top of that.

The sentiment is from the Uniquely Creative Mini Cut Apart sheet.

Here are links to all of the items I have used on these cards/tags.

Well that is a very long post, if you have made it to the bottom thanks for sticking with me

Pop over to Mystical Scrapbooks and check out their November challenges

Don't forget to check out the video.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment