Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Three Cupcake Cards

 Good morning

Today's post shares three cards I made using supplies from my DT kit from Kraft Supplies 4 U (KS4U)

You can see what I got in my kit here
You will find their stores here and here

The stamp set used on all of these cards is a Heidi Grace Designs 4 x 8 set called Sweets.
Each of the cards also has a piece of the black and silver ruffled ribbon from the kit. I "unruffled" the ribbon so I could use it flat.


Card No. 1


This card is a 4 1/8" square card.

I added a layer of the unruffled ribbon to the card base then a layer of the beautiful cotton lace that was in an earlier kit was added on top of that so that the black and silver zebra stripe ribbon showed below it.

I stamped and heat embossed Three of the stack of cupcakes and four of the small single cupcakes.
To colour the images I used Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks that I applied with a waterbrush.
These were then fussy cut ready to be used on the card.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 7/8" x 2 7/8" and inked the edges. 
This was attached to the card base with two layers of chipboard behind it. It was positioned so it had about 1/8" of the cardbase showing above it and on the left and right edges.

The cupcakes were attached as shown above.

The greeting was stamped, heat embossed and trimmed before being matted on some gold cardstock and attached to the card with two layers of craft foam behind it.

Card No. 2


This card is a top folding slimline card that measures 8 1/4" x 3 1/4"

A piece of gold mirror card was cut to 8" x 3" and a piece of patterned paper (which came free with a magazine I purchased) was trimmed to 7 3/4" x 2 3/4".

A piece of the black and silver ribbon was wrapped around the patterned paper, secured in place and tied with a knot at the right hand end.

The patterned paper was  then attached on top of the gold cardstock and this panel was then attached to the card base.

The large cupcakes were stamped onto some smooth white cardstock using StazOn Jet Black ink.

I used Jane Davenports's Bright Palette water colours to colour the bottoms of the cupcakes.
The tops of the cupcakes are coated with BoBunny Gold Glitter Paste, which I applied with a brush.
The cherries have a coat of Glossy Accents to give them a gloss finish.

The cupcakes are then attached to the card front. The centre one is attached with a piece of craft foam behind it

The greeting is from my computer generated sheet. I have trimmed it to size, matted it on some gold cardstock and attached it to the centre cupcake

Card No. 3


This card is 5 1/4" square.

I have created the cupcakes the same as I did for the cupcakes on card No. 1

I cut a panel of white cardstock 5 1/4" x 3", coated it with glue and then added Stampendous Pearlised Mica Fragments that I received in an earlier DT kit. I set this aside to dry.

I cut 4 strips of gold Cardstock that were 1/2" x 5 1/4" and 2 strips of patterned paper that were 1" x 5 1/4.
These were attached to the Mica Fragment panel starting with gold cardstock, patterned paper then another gold cardstock strip, working from both the bottom and the top of the panel. 
This panel was then attached to the card base

Three cupcakes (one large and two small) were attached to the Mica Fragments panel, the large cupcake was raised.

I used some of the ribbon to tie a bow. This was attached to the card front below the large cupcake.

The computer generated greeting was matted on some gold cardstock and attached to the top centre of the card front.

To finish this card off I applied a coat of Glossy Accents to the cupcake icing and cherries.


I hope you have enjoyed reading about my cards today,
you can click on the video below if you would like to watch them being made.


Thank you for joining me here today
Till next time
Stay safe 
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment