Saturday, February 27, 2021

Art Journal Page

Good morning

Today I am sharing an art journal page.

I have used an old sewing pattern to create plenty of texture to the background.

Acrylic paint in Christmas Red, Citrus Orange and Sunshine Yellow were blended to colour the background.

Stamping using a background stamp and StaZon Jet Black ink was also added to the background before I used an empty toilet roll cylinder with black, slightly watered down, acrylic paint to create circles.

Some splatters were splashed on the background using Liquid Pearl Golden White acrylic paint.




To create the circles I used my Spellbinders Standard Circles Die to cut an assortment of sizes of circles from white cardstock. I gave each circle a coat of Gesso before adding colours from my Jane Davenport  - Bright Palette water colours concentrating the colour to the outer edges of each circle.

I used my Fudeball black pen to draw two parallel lines around the border of the page, then using fineliner bottles filled with black and white acrylic paints I created a checkered border.

To add a little more detail to the circles I used Dylusions paint pens in Crushed Grape, Funky Fusia, Lemon Zest, Calypso Teal and Dirty Martini to draw scribbly circles around each coloured circle.

To add a little lightness to the background I added some circles using the toilet roll cylinder and some white acrylic paint.

The final step was to add a quote and I chose one by George Clooney, it is "You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak" words I agree with wholeheartedly

Here is a video showing how I created this page


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment