Saturday, February 6, 2021

KS4U February Cards

Good morning

Today I am sharing the cards I have made using Prima's Nature Garden 6" paper pad from my KS4U February 2021 DT kit.

You will find my video showing the process of making these cards here:-


All of the cards are 5.25" square and are made using 240gsm smooth cardstock
All have had their edges inked and cards one and three have had the paper edges distressed using my Prima edge distresser.
I have used a mixture of double sided tape and Art Glitter glue to adhere my papers and elements.

So let's start with card No. 1


I chose two papers from the pad, a darker one and a lighter one.
I cut the dark paper to 5 1/8" square and the lighter one to 4 3/4" square
A 6" paper doily was trimmed down so it covered about 2/3rds of the front of the card.
On top of that I places a 2 1/4" x 5 1/8" strip of the dark paper.
A strip of beautiful cotton lace (also from my kit) was layered on top of the dark paper and a 3/4" x 5 1/8" strip of the light paper placed on top of that.
To create the paper stack for the greeting I cut a piece of the dark paper to 1 1/4" x 3".
A piece of white cardstock 1 1/8" x 2 7/8", a piece of the light patterned cardstock was cut to 1" x 2 3/4" and the top white cardstock measures 7/8" x 2 5/8"
The greeting is cut from a bar code strip of a patterned paper in my stash.
The background flowers were stamped onto some lightly patterned paper using Heartfelt Creations Dahlia Bouquet stamp with Versamark Embossing Ink and heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder.
The final touch is a white flower from my stash, I can't be positive but I think it is a Prima flower.

Card No. 2


This card actually had two lives and if you watch the video you will see how it originally started life.

Once again I chose two papers from the pad
I cut the background paper to 5 1/8" x 5 1/8"
I used my Magnolia picket edge die to diecut two pieces of white cardstock that were trimmed to 5 1/8" long. These were attached to the edge of a piece of white cardstock that was 3" x 5 1/8". A piece of the second patterned paper measuring 2 3/4" x 5 1/8" was attached to the centre of this panel.
Scraps of chipboard were added to the back of this panel so it will be slightly raised up from the background paper.
I cut a piece of gauze and stretched it out of shape, laid it on top of the picket edged panel and used the greeting panel to hold it in place.
The greeting panel is created by layering the following papers, blue patterned paper 1 1/4" x 5 1/8", white cardstock 1" x 5 1/8", background patterned paper 7/8" x 5 1/8" and another piece of white cardstock that is 5/8" x 5 1/8". I added two thin strips of chipboard to the outer edges of this assembly so the edges would be supported. The greeting is from my computer generated sheets of greetings I print out in different sizes and fonts to have on hand.
The blue flower was in a previous kit from KS4U and the white flower was created by die cutting from white cardstock and adding three gems.
I originally put a different flower where the blue flower is but it was too overpowering so I have changed it for this one.

Card No. 3


Once again I chose two patterned papers from the pad.
The background is cut to 5 1/8" square and the next layer is cut to 4 3/4" square
I used a bow die to cut the bow from white cardstock.
The Chipboard frame is from Little Birdie and the corrugated cardboard is from an old box.
I sprayed the chipboard and the cardboard with Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray in Chalk first to cover the natural colour of these items. Next I spray the chipboard, corrugated cardboard and the bow with Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise ink spray then a light spray of Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold to give it a bit of shimmer.
I placed a piece of gauze behind the chipboard frame before I attached it to the card.
The flower was made by cutting decreasing sized circle from crepe paper, scrunching them up, layering them on top of each other and fastening in place with a brad.
The greeting is another computer generated one which is matted on a piece of patterned paper that measures 1 1/8" x 1 5/8"

All of these cards have been decorated inside, you can see the inside of each card in the video


Finally before I go today,

KS4U are currently have a fantastic special. Boxes of assorted flowers, only 100 boxes available. These boxes weigh over 3 pound so heaps of flowers in them. $25UDS plus freight. KS4U will keep track of all the customers that bought a box and enter them in a giveaway once all of the boxes have been sold. One lucky winner will receive a $50 store credit to buy whatever they want. 

Here are links to the boxes 

https://marketplace.zibbet.com/kraft.../mix-box-of-flowers-2 https://marketplace.zibbet.com/kraft.../mix-box-of-flowers-5 https://marketplace.zibbet.com/kraft-supplies-4-u/mix-box-of-flowers-5?fbclid=IwAR0858WL4rG7tokmzraq5a_pETl-_IrKBudch2rmw-lCs6zK2zW9ApO6-Ug

 

On the ks4u website the item numbers are b2032 and b2031 


Well if you have stayed with me till the end, thank you
I am so thankful that you have spent part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment