Saturday, February 13, 2021

That Hat Layout for Off The Rails February 2021 Challenge

Hi there

This Design Team layout is for Off The Rails Scrapbooking's February challenge. The theme of the moodboard is "Funny" so gather up those funny photos and create a layout, you might be this months lucky winner.

You will find the challenge here.

The layout I created documents a funny experience my husband and I shared with our Grand-Daughter regarding her sun hat.


The papers I have used for this layout come from a 12" x 12" paper pad by DCWV called Love & Grace 

I chose four patterned papers and cut them as follows

Butterfly paper 8" x 7 3/4"
Apricot paper 10 1/4" x 6 3/4", 2 @ 12" x 1/4" and one piece 9 1/2" x 2" which I cut a fishtail in each end.
Blue paper 11 1/4" x 5 3/4" 2 @ 12" x 1/2"
Floral paper 10 3/4" x 2 1/4" with a fishtail cut in each end

The background paper is white with a fine gold stripe through it.

I used my Atriste Spritzing Ink in Gold to splatter the background cardstock.

All of the patterned papers have had the edges inked using a Kaisercraft black ink cube.

When my background was dry I attached all of my patterned papers using double sided tape.

   After I matted the photos on white cardstock with a very fine border, the larger of the photos was attached to some scrap chipboard so it had some dimension when I was added to the layout.


I used some alpha stickers for the title, I'm not sure of the brand but the type is called Popsicle. It was just a fluke that I had a colour that went so well with the layout.
To help the title stand out I used a fine black pen to apply a scribbly border to each letter. I also applied a coat of sparkle using Uniquely Creative's Clear Sparkle Pen


To embellish my layout I painted some wooden hearts with Sparkling Saphire pearlescent acrylic paint and some wooden arrows with Gold metallic acrylic paint. When the paint was dry I attached them to my layout using Art Glitter Glue.

I fussy cut three small butterflies from the patterned paper and attached them to the top right of the layout, just above the title

I hope you check out my video.




Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment