Thursday, March 4, 2021

Three Acetate Cards

Good morning 

I have just got home from Yoga, who would have thought Yoga could be so hard. I have been going to Yoga for a few years but haven't been for a couple of months and boy will I feel it tomorrow.

Anyway on with may card making share for you today.

I love acetate cards and so I decided to make three different styled acetate cards to share with you.

I have used papers from Prima's Nature Garden 6" paper pad on each of these cards.

As coincidence would have it my Facebook memory for today was three acetate cards I made a year ago. If you would like to see that video you will find it here.

These are today's cards

The first card is created on an acetate base so it is very hard to photograph.


The acetate I used for the card base is thicker than the acetate I have used on the other cards. I don't know how the thickness is measured but it easily holds its own weight.

I cut the acetate to 10" x 5" and scored and folded it at the 5" mark to create a 5" square card.

To decorate the card I cut three strips of patterned paper 2" x 5", inked the edges with black ink and attached one to the centre front of the card base, one directly behind that piece on the inside front and one directly behind those on the inside back of the card base.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 2" x 5" and attached that to the outside back of the card base directly on top of the patterned paper I had attached to the inside back of the card. This is where I will write my personal greeting.

The reason for putting each layer directly on top of the other is so that the adhesive cannot be seen through the acetate.

I stamped and heat embossed my greeting on a piece of white cardstock that I had cut to 1 3/4" x 5" then attached this on top of the patterned paper on the inside back of the card.

To embellish the card I stamped several layers of my Heartfelt Creations Tattered Blossoms onto white cardstock with black ink and then fussy cut them. I made two flowers by shaping each layer and glueing them on top of each other making sure to stagger the petals. A pink gem to the centre of each flower added a little sparkle
The flowers were then attached to the left side of the front patterned paper panel


Card No. 2


To create the card base I cut a piece of pearlised white cardstock 5" x 5 1/2" and scored and folded it at 5" on the 5 1/2" edge. I also cut three 1/2" x 5" strips from the same cardstock.

Next I cut a piece of acetate 5" x 5" and ran that through my Big Shot with Kaszazz Butterflies embossing folder. Using double sided tape I attached the acetate to the 1/2" panel on the cardstock, this makes the front of the card.

I attached one of the 1/2" strips over the top of the acetate where it is attached at the top of the card and the other two were attached to the bottom of the card front, one on the outside of the card and one directly on top of it on the inside front of the card.

To decorate the card I cut two pieces of white cardstock 1 1/4" x 5". To one of these I added a strip, top and bottom, of white cardstock that I had punched the edges of. The punch is from Martha Stewart but I don't know the name of the pattern. This was then attached to the card front approximately in the middle of the card. 

The second piece of 1 1/4" x 5" was attached on the inside front of the card so it lined up with the outside panel

To decorate the front of the card I cut a piece of patterned paper 1 1/4" x 5", stamped and heat embossed Happy Birthday on it and attached it on top of the white cardstock. I used my hot glue gun to attache five porcelain flowers to the patterned paper panel to complete this card.

Card No. 3

This card base uses a piece of white cardstock that measures 10" x 5" then scored and folded at 5" on the 10" edge.

I used a Spellbinders square die to cut a 3 5/8" square from the front of the card.

I cut two frames from white cardstock using my Lifestyles Nesting Doily die and the same square die that I used to cut the square from the front of the cardstock.

I cut a piece of acetate 3 7/8" square and stamped and heat embossed a floral design on it. I used Prima's Daisy Trio stamp and white embossing powder.

I used Art Glitter glue to attach the acetate to the back of one of the doily frames.

I then used glue to attach this to the outside front of the card so it sat exactly over the top of the square I had cut out of the card base.

I attached the second frame to the inside front of the card to keep it nice and neat.

The only other decoration I added to this card was a computer generated greeting which I matted on a piece of patterned paper.

To cover the back of this greeting I printed a birthday wish trimmed it to the same size as the greeting and attached it to the inside front.

I cut a piece of patterned paper 4 3/4" square and attached that to the inside back of the card as I thought that helped the white embossing stand out a little better.

You will find the process video below if you would like to watch it.

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment