Thursday, April 29, 2021

Great Day Art Journal Page

Good afternoon.

Today's share is an Art Journal page I created because I wanted to play with my Alcohol Inks


I used glossy card and Adirondack Blending Solution for all of my combinations. 

The four colour combinations I created are

Reds

Paper Mill Mandarin, Paper Mill Poppy, Paper Mill Citrus and Paper Mill Platinum

Purples

Paper Mill Amethyst, Paper Mill Lavender and Adirondack Mixative Gold

Pinks

Paper Mill Pearl, Paper Mill Fuchsia Shimmer, Paper Mill Magenta Shimmer, Paper Mill Rose and Paper Mill Rose Quartz

Blues/Greens

Paper Mill Winter Lake, Paper Mill Ocean Blue Shimmer, Paper Mill Lime Green Shimmer, Paper Mill Sea Breeze Shimmer and Paper Mill Brass Shimmer



To create the background for the page I attached sewing pattern tissue with Mat Medium, scrunching it as I applied it to the page.

A coat of black acrylic paint was added when the gel medium was dry.

I sponged some white acrylic paint through a Crafters Workshop stencil called Reverse Chickenwire randomly to the page.

Using a Deep Red stamp called Bubbles Background, I stamped with gold pigment ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder in several areas.

With a dry stiff brush I dry brushed some gold acrylic paint over the whole page.

I used my Spellbinders Hexagon dies to cut two sizes of hexagons from the alcohol ink cardstock

I played around with placement until I was happy then attached the hexagons to the page using Heavy Gel Medium.

A fine black paint marker was used to give each hexagon a faux stitched border.

I used my Kaisercraft Upper Case Alphabet dies to cut "DAY" from some of the left over alcohol ink card and printed the rest of the quote from my computer. These were attached to the page using Gel Medium.

A page border was created using some slightly watered down white acrylic paint in a Fineline bottle.

You can watch my process video here


Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment