Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Three Layered Flower Cards

Good morning.

A very quick post today to show you three cards I made using layered flowers as the focal points

All of the cards are 5" square and have been cut from 240gsm smooth white cardstock.

The decorative paper is from Kaisercraft's Dream Big 6" paper pad.


Card No. 1


This card is a Z fold card.
The front white cardstock panel is 3.25" square.
The featured flower is stamped and heat embossed using Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers stamp, black pigment ink and clear embossing powder.
After fussy cutting the flowers they were shaped using my flower shaping tool and layered onto the front panel. A rhinestone gem finished the flower off.
The sentiment was stamped using one of the stamps from Woodware's Word Fragments clear stamp pack.. This was heat embossed and layered onto some white cardstock and another layer of the pink patterned paper. This was attached to the card front just below the flower with chipboard behind it to give it some extra height.

Card No. 2


I cut a piece of cardstock 5" x 5" and stamped and heat embossed the background of daisies. I do not know the name of the stamp I have used here. I stamped it with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I trimmed this piece down to 4.5" square and cut a piece of gold mirror board to 4.75" square and layered them onto the front of the card.
For the focal point I stamped and heat embossed two flowers using Embossing Arts Co. 192-GB Giant Flowers stamp cube. This stamp is from 2001 so I don't think it would still be available. The flowers were then fussy cut, shaped, layered onto each other and attached to the front of the card in the bottom left section. 
A rhinestone gem finished off this flower.
The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative and came in a kit. I have cut the sentiment from the page and cut a fishtail in one end.

Card No. 3 

I cut a 5" square piece of cardstock and stamped and heat embossed Woodware's Five Daisies onto this cardstock and another scrap piece of cardstock.

I used some Anko Watercolour Brush Pens, that I purchased at Kmart and had been wanting to try, to colour both sets of flowers and the leaves on the 5" piece of cardstock.

Once the flowers were coloured I fussy cut the ones that were on the scrap cardstock.

I trimmed the 5" piece of cardstock to 4.5" and cut a piece of orange cardstock to 4.75" to layer between the card front and the stamped panel.

After shaping the fussy cut flowers they were layered on top of the other flowers using foam squares.

The sentiment on this card is from my computer generated greeting sheet and has been matted on a piece of the orange cardstock and attached to the card front with a piece of chipboard behind it.

So there we have my three cards for today.

Here is the video if you would like to watch the cards come together.

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment