Thursday, April 1, 2021

Layout for Mystical Scrapbooks April 2021 Challenge

Good morning

Today's layout is for the April challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme for the month is Black +1 and this challenge is to use 3 elements from this grid. The elements must be in a line on the grid. The line can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.


For my layout I have chosen pink for my plus one and the three elements are Fussy Cutting, Tag and Chipboard (diagonal top left to bottom right)


The paper I have used on this layout is Uniquely Creatives's Serendipity- Happiness

I tore two opposing edges of the Black Cardstock, cut two strips of the Happiness patterned paper to 1.25" x 12", inked around three edges of the patterned paper and attached those to the top and bottom of the black cardstock to make it back to 12" x 12"

I fussy cut the two floral clusters from the edge of the Happiness paper, inked around the edges and attached them to the sides of the layout with glue.  

I filed around the edge of my photos and matted them on bright pink cardstock (Heartfelt). They were then attached to the layout using double sided tape. I was careful to place the tape on the bottom photo so that my tag would be held in place when it was inserted.

I used my Scan N Cut to cut a tag from the Happiness paper and a mat from the Heartfelt cardstock. After inking the edges I used glue to attach one layer on top of the other. Using my Crop-O-Dile I add a pink heart eyelet to the tag. To finish the tag off I added some bright pink Rik Rac. My journalling is handwritten on the tag and the tag tucks under the right hand edge of the bottom photo.

The title was also cut from the Heartfelt cardstock. I used the negative to place my letters evenly on the top right area of the layout. The title then had a coat of Glossy Accents to give it a nice shine.

The chipboard butterflies are from the Memory Maze Wire Butterfly Set. I have painted them with acrylic paint. Once they were dry I added some Dress My Craft Frosted Sugar Powder to the bodies of the butterflies. I was not that happy with this as the sugar powder is a bit too chunky, I think something a bit finer, like glitter would have been a better choice

You can see my process video below


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment