Saturday, March 27, 2021

"Soar" Art Journal Page

Good morning

Today I am sharing an art journal page that I created recently.

To create the texture I used Kaisercraft's Leaves stencil and Mont Marte Modelling Paste.

A row of lace was attached to the bottom section of the page using Satin Mod Podge

To colour the page I used Dylusions London Blue Shimmer Spray, Dylusions Dirty Martini Ink Spray, Perfect Pearls Mist Green Patina and Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold.

I used a stamp with Jet Black StazOn ink to stamp all over the page.

The final touch for the background was white splatters using acrylic paint.

The Focal points were created using Dina Wakley's Scribbly Birds stamp and StazOn Jet Black ink

To colour the birds I used Distress Inks - Candied Apple, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw.

I gave the birds a spray with Boyle Matt Clear Finishing Sealer so that the colour would not move when I add more wet mediums to them.

Once I had fussy cut the birds I attached them to the page using Matisse Matt Medium

The title was cut on my Scan N Cut. The black letters are Adobe Gothic Font and the white cardstock is Beyond the Mountains Font.

To detail the birds and title I used Uniball Eye Micro Black pen and a white 0.7mm Posca paint pen

The scribbly border around the page came from two Fineliner bottles, one with white acrylic paint that has been watered down and the other has watered down black acrylic paint.

You can watch the video if you would like.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment