Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Layout for Off the Rails Scrapbooking's April 2021 Challenge


Good morning

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the April challenge at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

You will find the challenge here.

This is the mood board and the challenge is to use sewing on your project

This is the layout I have created


All of the patterned papers have the edges inked using a black Versa Color ink cube.

There are only two patterned papers used on this layout, they are both from DCWV 12" paper pads.
One is from the Get it Girl pad and the other is from the Fairytale Floral pad.

From the first paper I cut a 1" frame that is 12" x 12"  to create a frame for my white cardstock background. The white cardstock measures 11 3/8" x 11 3/8"

I also matted my photos so they had a 1/8" border on all sides with this paper

From the second paper I cut the waves using my Scan N Cut. The wave cut file is in Canvas Workspace under the Borders section. I cut four of these. This actually gave me 8 rows of waves because when you turn the negative of the cut upside down they are waves too.

I cut a piece of the same patterned paper to 11 3/8" x 3" to attach my waves to so that the white background did not show through the waves. The waves were then attached to this piece so they slightly overlapped. I alternated the two different styles of waves so they did not form a pattern.
This assembly was then attached to a piece of chipboard so it will be raised up from the background when it is attached.

Before I attached the wave assembly I made holes 1/4" in, on three sides of the white background cardstock. These holes were 1/4" apart and made it easy for me to hand stitch a border. I used two strands of white, two strands of light grey and two strands of dark green embroidery floss to do this.

Once my border was finished I attached the wave assembly to the bottom of the white cardstock background.

My matted photos were then attached to the page so the smaller photo was tucked slightly under the waves and the larger photo was tucked slightly under the smaller photo

I printed my journaling onto some of the same patterned paper I used for the waves and cut them into circles using my Spellbinders Standard Circles Small die. I was looking for a bubble effect. I used two strands of the dark green embroidery floss to stitch around the edges of these circles.

The title was also cut on my Scan N Cut using the same paper as the photo mats. The font I have used is Cairo. I seem to have taken a shine to this font of late.



The final touch for this page was to sprinkle some green/blue sequins around and attach them to the page with a dot of glue. I was looking for a bubble/glistening effect with these.

So there we have my page for today

Here is my process video



Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment