Friday, April 9, 2021

Three cards using Cocoa Vanilla's "Sunkissed" paper range

Good morning

I have got three cards to share with you today.

I have used the A5 paper stack of Cocoa Vanilla's Sunkissed paper that were in my DT kit from Mystical Scrapbooks

I wanted to make some bright and cheerful cards and these papers were ideal for that.

I have made three cards.

All of the card bases have be cut from sheets of cardstock and the edges of all papers have been inked using my Versacolor Black ink cube.

Card No 1.

This card is 5" square and uses a white cardbase


The blue patterned paper is 4.75" square

The Feeling Fine patterned paper strip is 1" x 4.75" and the white cardstock it is matted on is 1.25" x 5"
To add a little something extra I added a strip of lace to this panel.

I have stamped a flower stamp onto the yellow patterned paper using VersaMark Embossing Ink and heat embossed with fine black embossing powder.  I created some leaves on the Good Vibrations patterned paper in the same way. These were then fussy cut

Time now to add the layers to the card starting with the blue background paper, the strip panel which was attached to a piece of chipboard before being added to the card front and then the flowers and leaves. Some of the flowers and leaves are also mounted on chipboard.

The sentiment is from a branding strip from a patterned paper I used some time ago. This has been matted on the Feeling Fine paper that I used for the vertical strip and attached to the card front with chipboard behind it.

To add some glimmer to the card I filled the flower centres with Ice Stickles

Card No. 2

This card is 4" x 8.25" and uses a pink card base.


The card base was cut to 8.25" x 8" and scored and folded at 4" on the 8" edge.

The Feeling Fine paper was cut to 2.25" x 8".
The pink cardstock had one edge punched using a Martha Stewart punch then trimmed to 1" x 8".
The Just Chillin paper was cut using Sizzix Lace Scallop edge die and trimmed to 8" long.

To create the sentiment panel I used Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Small dies to cut a pink and a Just Chillin circle. The sentiment is from my computer generated printout and matted on some of the pink cardstock.

To add a little extra detail to the card I attached a couple of pennants from the Uniquely Creative Gums & Roses Creative Cuts pack and a bow made from sheer pink ribbon.

For a tough of glimmer I added Ice Stickles on top of the sentiment and smeared it all over the sentiment with my finger.

Card No. 3

This card is 5" square and uses a yellow card base


I cut 4 pieces of white cardstock, one is 4.75" square, one is 3 7/8" square, one is 1.75" x 2" and the last one is 1 5/8" x 4.75" with a fishtail cut in one end.

From plain yellow cardstock I cut one piece 4" square, one piece 5" x 1 1/8" and one piece 1 7/8" x 2 1/8".

From the Good Vibrations paper I cut a piece 3 5/8" square.

The Good Vibrations (reverse) paper was cut to 5" x 1"

The sentiment is from my computer generated sentiments and is matted on plain yellow cardstock

The flowers were fussy cut from the Growing Wild paper.

The panel that holds the sentiment and the sentiment itself were both mounted on chipboard prior to being attached to the card.

Three clusters of three dots with the Ice Stickles finish this card off.

Here is the process video 


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment