Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Curtain Lace cards

Good morning

Today I want to show you what I made with the curtain lace I coloured in this video

All of these cards use a purchased pale pink satin card base that measure 5 7/8" square

Each of these cards use Kaisercraft's Secret Garden patterned papers.


Card No. 1


I have covered the front of the whole card base with the curtain lace.
To do this I used Satin Mod Podge

I cut a piece of gold cardstock 4" x 5 7/8"
Pink checked paper 2 @ 1" x 5 7/8"
Grey patterned paper 2 @ 1" x 5 7/8"
Floral patterned paper 2 1/4" x 5 7/8"

I attached the patterned papers to the gold cardstock to create a panel for the front of the card.


I created two flowers using pale pink velum and my Couture Creations CO724161 flower die.
When I placed them on the front of the card they faded into the background.
I used the same die and white cardstock, to create two flowers. 
I inked the edges of the cardstock with a gold ink cube to help the flowers stand out
and tie them to the gold already on the card.
A little Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard added to the centre of each flower
finished the flowers off and added a little sparkle to the card.

I die cut the sentiment four times from white cardstock and once from gold cardstock
These were attached to each other with the gold layer on top.
The sentiment was then added to the centre right of the card.

Card No. 2


I chose three papers from the pad and trimmed them to 
5 1/2" square, 5 1/4" square and 5" square.

The edges of each piece was inked with a black ink cube and attached to the card base, 
largest layer on the bottom working up to the smallest layer.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 5 1/2" x 3" and attached some of the 
white (uncoloured) curtain lace to it using Mod Podge once again.

A strip of burgundy patterned paper was cut 1" by 5 1/2" and a 
strip of gold cardstock was added to the 
top and bottom of this strip, with approximately 1/4" showing. 
This was added to the card front with a layer of chipboard behind it.

I created another of the pink velum flowers so I had three to place across the centre of the card.

The centre of the flowers is a little squirt of Pops of Colour - Glitter - Champagne


To create the sentiment I stamped "It's Your Day" from the 

I trimmed the sentiment and matted it onto some of the 
same gold cardstock that I have used on the card already.
This was attached to the card with a strip of chipboard behind it
so it sits flat against the lace layer.

Card No. 3


This is perhaps the simplest of the three cards.

I cut a piece of patterned gold cardstock to 5 5/8" square
and a piece of white cardstock 5 3/8" square.

I ran the white cardstock through my Big Shot
 with a rose patterned embossing folder
I think it is a Kaisercraft folder but not sure.

As the embossing folder was not big enough to cover the 
whole piece of cardstock I trimmed it down to 4 7/8" square.

I must put some square embossing folders on my shopping list.

I cut 4 circles from the coloured curtain lace, in decreasing sizes.
When I layered them on top of each other I lost the definition of each circle
so I cut circles from the pale pink velum to match the size of the lace circles, 
inked the edges of the velum with a black ink cube and 
attached the lace to the velum using Art Glitter glue.
Next I attached the four circles on top of each other to create my flower. 
Three black crystals added to the centre of the flower 
bring in a black element to go with the sentiment.
The finished flower is approximately 3 1/4" in diameter.

The flower is attached to the bottom left of the card front.


The sentiment for this card was cut using 
Uniquely Creative's Brush Scrip Sentiments die

Here is my process video

I hope you enjoy watching both my videos and try this technique for yourself.
It is very easy and lots of fun and I still have the cardstock I created to use on another project..

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie 

Mod Podge Matte

https://shrsl.com/36tip

Gems Range

https://shrsl.com/36tiw

Nuvo Drops Range

https://shrsl.com/36tiu

Neenah Solar White A4 25 Pack

https://shrsl.com/36tit

Bazzil 12 x 12 Black Cardstock

https://shrsl.com/36tiz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment