Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Three Christmas Cards with Christmas trees

Good morning

I have three cards to show you today and they all have Christmas trees as their focal point


All of my card bases are made using 240gsm white cardstock and are 5 1/4" square.

All of the patterned papers are from BoBunny's Father Christmas paper range.

Card No. 1


I have used Kaisercraft's Merry Christmas stamp set to stamp and heat emboss 
baubles onto deep red cardstock using my embossing buddy, 
Versamark ink and Fine Gold Embossing powder.
 
I trimmed the cardstock to 5" square, 
I will use this as the background layer of my card.

A four layer tree die was used to cut this tree from the patterned paper.
The tree was assembled on the red panel using Art Glitter glue

I used gold mirror card to die cut the base of the Christmas tree
 and a 3/8" star punch to create the star for the top of the tree.

The greeting is from Uniquely Creative and is matted on the 
same mirror card as I used for the star and base. 
It is attached to the card front with a scrap piece of chipboard behind it.

I added dots of Pops of Colour - Glittering Champagne, 
randomly on the tree to look like Christmas baubles

I had a piece of the red heat embossed cardstock left over so I trimmed it
 to 1" x 5 1/4" and attached it to the inside left of the card

Card No. 2


A white and gold card this time. This colour combination always looks elegant I think.

I have cut a piece of the gold mirror card 4 3/4" square
A piece of white cardstock measuring 4 1/4" has been embossed using 
Sizzix 3D Texture Impressions - Mosaic Gems  embossing folder.
I had originally wanted this layer to be larger but this is the maximum size 
that this embossing folder can emboss as a square.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 3/4" x 2 1/2" and wrapped some gold ribbon around it 
securing it in place with double sided tape and a knot.
Scrap chipboard was added to the back of this panel before it was added to the card front.

I die cut two Christmas trees from white cardstock, backed them with gold mirror card
 and attached them to the ribbon panel

The sentiment is once again from Uniquely Creative.
It has been matted on the gold mirror card and attached to the card front using foam tape.

Card No. 3


I have used my Tim Holtz Distressing tool and a black ink cube to distress all of the edges of all of the papers used on this card.

I have cut patterned papers to 5 1/4" square, 4 3/4" square and 1 3/4" x 4 3/4"
I also cut some gold mirror card to 5" square and 2" x 5"

The square patterned paper and gold cardstock were layered onto the front of the card base.

I had the white frame sitting on my dest for some time so decided to use it on this card.

I traced around the inside and outside of the frame onto a piece of white cardstock.
Using strips of patterned paper I created the Christmas tree, 
ensuring the tree fitted inside the frame tracing.

The frame was attached to the white cardstock that had my paper pieced tree on it,
 this was then attached to the card front

I used my Semco Pearlised Watercolour palette to colour the background around the tree.

The frame was given a good coat of Wink of Stella White.

The sentiment was cut from gold mirror card using 
Elizabeth Craft Designs 745 Merry Christmas die 
and attached to the Christmas tree.

The rectangular patterned paper and mirror card were
 layered onto each other and attached to the inside right of the card.

You can watch my process video below.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment