Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Christmas Cards using Tulle from Mum

Hi there

Today I am sharing three cards I made using tulle.

I recently visited my Mum and she was having a clean out of some of her crafting stash.
She gave me about a dozen rolls of assorted tulle and many assorted braids.

When I got home I decided that instead of putting them straight into my storage 
I would use some of them and that is how the idea for using
 the tulle on these cards came about.

As I have not finished my Christmas cards for this year I made three Christmas cards.


To attach the tulle to the cardstock panels for all of these cards I used Art Glitter Glue.
I applied a line of glue around the back edge of the panel and then folded the tulle around the panel and into the glue. I then put an acrylic block on top of the panel while the glue dried.

All of the card bases are cut from 240gsm smooth white cardstock.
I have cut the cardstock 10" x 5", scored (using my Score Board) at 5" on the long side and folded to create a 5" square card.
I always use my teflon bone folder to create beautiful crisp folds on my cards without any shine.

All of the patterned papers are from Kaisercraft's Sparkle 6.5" paper pad.
I also used some of the Sparkle Collectables to decorate my cards.

The edges of each of the patterned papers have been inked using my Versa Color Black ink cube.

Card No. 1


The tulle on this card is bright pink.
The white cardstock panel that is covered with the tulle is 4 3/4" square.

The Rose Gold Foiled patterned paper is 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"

Two pieces of black cardstock that measure 3/4" x 4 3/4" are attached to the top and bottom of the patterned paper panel so approximately 1/4" of the black is showing beyond the panel.

To create the poinsettia I chose a lightly patterned paper from the pad, 
I used my Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia stamp, 
This was then set using my heat tool.

I used my spring loaded scissors to fussy cut all four layers of the flower.

To give the flower some shape I used my flower shaping tool 
and a stubbie holder I have cut open to press into the back
 of each of the petals on all four layers.

I used a dob of liquid glue in the centre of each layer and off set the petals as I created the flower.

The sentiment for the card came from the Collectables pack. 
It is attached to the card with a layer of chipboard behind it.

To add a little sparkle to the card I added a few sequins down the left hand edge
 and a circle of Pops of Colour Glitter Champagne to the centre of the flower.

Card No. 2


The tulle I used on this card is gold and it has small gold sequins attached to it
 so I wanted to keep this card quite simple.

The white cardstock panel that is covered with tulle is 4" x 5"

A strip of gold mirror card that is 3/4" x 5" was attached to the top and bottom
 of the tulle panel with about 1/4" of gold showing.

This was then attached to the card front leaving about 1/4" at the top and bottom.

I used my Memory Box Snowflake Ornament Die and my Big Shot to cut two baubles
 from gold mirror card that I had attached double sided adhesive sheet to the back of,
When I cut the baubles I decided to leave all of the pieces together 
as the detail stood out beautifully and the solid gold baubles were more impactful.

I used liquid glue to attach a fine gold thread to the tulle panel.
 The baubles were attached in the same way.

The sentiment is from a sheet of sentiments I printed.
I have matted that on some of the gold mirror card and attached it to the card front
 with a piece of chipboard behind it.

Card No. 3


This card has three patterned papers on it

The light pink paper is 4 3/4" square, 
the dark paper is 4 1/2" square and 
the foiled panel is 1 1/2" x 4 1/2".

The tulle on this card is white with a silver glimmer to it. 
I have covered the small panel with the tulle.

I added a layer of chipboard behind the panel and then wrapped
 a piece of pink and silver braid around it, tying it into a knot.

I used the same tulle to tie a bow and attached that above the braid.

The sentiment for this card also comes from the Collectable pack. 
It is a bauble shape and I have tied a piece of the tulle through the hole at the top
 and attached that to the panel with a piece of chipboard behind it.

Here is my process video


I hope you have time to check my video out.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment