Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February inspirational post for Mystical Scrapbooks

Good morning

Today my post is about using chipboard on cards.

The feature product this month at Mystical Scrapbooks is chipboard so I decided to remind myself and you that chipboard is great for cards.





I cut pink cardstock to 10 1/2" x 5 1/4", scored at 5 1/4" on the 10 1/2" side.
This makes a 5 1/4" card

The papers I used for these cards is Couture Creations Peaceful Peonies.

The beautiful lace is from my Mum.

For the top card I cut Patterned paper No. 10 to 5" square and 4 strips 1" x 5"
I distressed the edges of all of the patterned paper 
and then inked the edge using my VersaColor black ink cube.

I attached the 5" square using Art Glitter glue
and the 1" strips were attached with foam squares.


I used my hot glue gun to attach the lace about 2/3rds of the way up the card front.

I fussy cut several flowers from Patterned Paper No 6.

I inked the edges of the flowers and attached them to the card front.

A 4 1/4" x 1" strip that had been distressed and inked is attached to the card front, 
about 1/3rd of the way up from the bottom. This is where I will put the greeting

The chipboard I used on this card is from the "Around the World in 8 weeks" 
challenge that was held by Mystical Scrapbooks last year

I sprayed it with white undercoat and then covered it with gold ink.

The greeting was stamped using LDRS Happy Birthday Stack 
and die cut using LDRS Sentiment Stack die.

I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Final step was to add a few drops of Spun Sugar Distress Stickles


Card No. 2


The papers for this card are Patterned Paper No 1.

I cut a 5" square piece and a 2" x 5" piece.

I cut 2 pieces 1/2" x 5" and attached one to each of the long edges.

I attached the lace vertically, approximately the middle of the card.

I added some fun foam to the back of the strip and then attached it to the front of the card
so it slightly overlapped the edge of the lace.

I then attached some of the fussy cut flowers to the panel.


The chipboard for this card is from Memory Maze - Wire Butterfly Set.
I added a coat of Nuvo Drops - White Blizzard 
to the undercoated chipboard before attaching it to the card.

The sentiment is a Rub On (from Kaisercraft I think) and is attached to the card using foam squares.

While the Nuvo Drops were still wet I sprinkled Spellbinders Sparkle Dust Glitter
over it and then tipped the excess off.

Once again I added a few dots of Spun Sugar Distress Stickles randomly on the card front.

You can see my process video here


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment