Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks March Challenge

Hi there.

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the March challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme over there this month is mood boards and there are two of them to choose from
 or maybe even create a layout for both of them.

This is the moodboard this layout was created for.


This is my layout


The background for this layout started life completely different to how it links now.

I gave my white cardstock a coat of white Gesso.

Originally I used Distress Inks and plastic packaging to colour where the red is now. 
I used Barn Door but when it dried it was more pink than bright red.

Not happy with the colour I used a sponge to dab red acrylic paint over the top of the ink.
I then splattered white acrylic paint over the red.

The flower frame is a cut file from Page Evans

I stamped a text stamp with StayzOn Jet Black ink all over the cut file.

I used Distress Ink Mustard Seed and a wet brush to colour the cut file and then
Carved Pumpkin and a fine brush to add a little detail to the centre of the flowers.

I punched a few circles from white cardstock, stamped them with the same stamp and ink
to fill the holes in the centre of the flowers.

I used Art Glitter glue to attach the cut file to the page 
so it sat over the painted section of the background.

I am using a 6" x 4" photo, I filed around the edge of the photo with 
an emery board before matting it onto some orange cardstock.

I also added some cardboard to the back of the mat.
This assembly was then attached to the layout.

I used Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers to stamp and heat emboss three layers of the flower.
I used Mustard Seed and Barn Door Distress Inks to colour the flower.

I also stamped and heat embossed Picket Fence - Flowers for the Picking.

I used my flower shaping tools to shape all of the flowers.

All of the flowers were attached to the layout with liquid glue.



I trimmed my white background down to 11 1/2" square and matted it 
onto a 12" piece of black cardstock to give it a nice dark border

The title was die cut from black cardstock using my 
Kaisercraft DD700 Alphabet Upper Case dies
and attached using my t-ruler and liquid glue.

I used my fountain pen to draw a double scribbly border around the page and the flower centres

I have a process video you might like to watch


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment