Friday, February 25, 2022

Art Journal page using Alcohol Inks

Good morning

Today's post shares an Art Journal page that I created using Alcohol Inks for my background

I don't use alcohol inks very often and am by no means an expert with them 
but I am very happy with the way my page turned out.


I have used Office One A4 180gsm Gloss Photo Paper for my base.
This paper came from my Mum and is not as glossy as some of the other gloss photo papers I have.
I wasn't sure if it was going to work but figured I would give it a try, nothing to loose right...

I sprinkled blending solution onto half of the A4 sheet. 
I decided to work on half the sheet at a time because the alcohol inks 
dry quite quickly and I did not want them to dry before 
I had the opportunity to move them around and get the look I was going for.

Next I added the alcohol inks.
I am using Paper Mill Shimmer alcohol inks for this page.
The colour I used are Lime Green, Grass, Ocean Blue and Sea Breeze
I also added a few drops of Slate, this is not a shimmer.

I used my Couture Creations "puffer" tool to move the ink around, adding more blending solution and ink 
as needed to get a nice all over cover

I then added several drops of Ranger Fixative in Gold. 
I did not move this around because I wanted it to look like gold splatter.

I set this aside to dry. You can dry it with your heat gun 
but I find that moves the colour around a bit more 
and I prefer to let it dry naturally.

To add more interest to my beautiful shimmery background 
I splattered some slightly watered down acrylic paints using my fan brush.

The paints I used were 
Black Gloss, Golden Turquoise, Sparkling Sapphire Pearl and White Frost Pearl.


The focal point for my page was created by using my Big Shot to die cut white cardstock 
using a Hexagon die I purchased from Downunder Scrapbooking. It is GD2056.
I cut it from both white and pearl gold cardstock to see which one I preferred.
I chose the white because it stood out from the background better.


I used Art Glitter glue to attach the hexagons to the page.

To help my hexagons look like they are part of the page 
and to help them stand out a little more I used my Stabile All pencil in black
 and a water brush to shade around each hexagon.

I used a black fine point Sharpie to draw a double lined border 
around the page and then coloured black squares between those two lines.

A Copper 250 Opaque Texta marker was used to fill in the blank squares in the border. 
This colour is very close to the colour of the gold splatters in the background.

A fine white scribbly border, made with my fineliner bottle and watered down acrylic paint, 
was added to the inside of the border to finish it off.

I like to mix fonts for my quotes so I have used 
Kaisercraft's DD735 Uppercase Alpha die and black cardstock
 to cut "OPEN" and then printed "your mind" onto copier paper
to complet the quote.

I used Art Glitter glue to attach the title to the page.

A 0.7mm white Posca pen was used to highlight the black letters.



I have to say I really enjoyed making this page.

I love the look you get with alcohol inks and plan on using them more frequently in the future.

I have a process video
I hope you enjoy watching it.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment