Wednesday, July 27, 2022

MTCC #60

Hello

Today I am sharing the three cards I created for Challenge #60 at Make the Cards Challenge.

The challenge is to have a black background for your card.
I made three cards.



All of my cards have a white 5 1/4" square base made from white cardstock.

I cut three 5" square panels of black cardstock to use as my card front panel.

Each of my cards has had a layer of Deco Foil's Transfer Gel Duo applied through a stencil.

The mandala and flower stencil do not have any 
brand name on them but the other one is TCW - Mini Labyrinth.

Card No. 1


I applied a pearl powder over the design on this card using a soft brush.
The colour I used is #673 Interference Violet and as you can see it is quite bright.

Once the design was covered with the powder I wiped over the whole panel 
with a dry tissue and all of the excess powder came off

I attached my black panel to a piece of purple cardstock that is 5 1/4" square 
and attached that to my card front.

To embellish the card I cut a floral emblem from an all over piece of lace
and attached that using Art Glitter glue.

The sentiment is from a kit by Uniquely Creative.

Card No. 3


I have burnished Rose Gold gold leaf into the design on this card.

Add some of the loose gold leaf to your card front and then rub it into the design using your finger.
You need to be relatively firm in your application.
Once the design is covered brush the excess flakes off.

I have cut a piece of co-ordinating metallic paper to cover the front of the card base and then added my black panel to that.

A transparent sticker from Kaisercraft's Happy Birthday sticker pack, 
was added to a piece of the same paper I used for the background.
I cut a fishtail in each end of the title piece before attaching it to the card front 
with a piece of scrap chipboard behind it.

A fine piece of lace was added to the bottom of the black panel 
before the panel was attached to the card front. 

Card No. 3


To enhance the design on this panel I used Deco Foil -Summer Rainbow foil.

A piece of foil was laid over the design and then I rolled over it with my brayer.
You can use your fingers or a bone folder if you do not have a brayer

The sentiment is from Paper Rose's Big Sentiments 1.0 pack.
I have run that through my laminator with the same foil.

Here is my process video


I hope you enjoy watching my video

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment