Friday, July 1, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks July Challenge

Good morning

Today I have a layout to share.

I created this layout for the July challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.
The challenge requires all of the patterned paper used on your project to be matted on black cardstock.
You will find the challenge here.

Here is my layout


I have used Cocoa Vanilla - These Days papers for this layout

All of the black matting layers are 1/4" wider and 1/4" taller than the patterned papers
giving me a 1/8" border all around.

I cut:-
Wall of Fame 5" x 6" 
Family Ties 5 3/4" x 4 1/2" and 1 1/2" x 3" (I cut a fish tail in the narrow end of this piece)
Take Flight 1 1/2" x 3" (I cut a fish tail in the narrow end of this piece)
Home Grown 3/4" x 2 1/2" (I cut a fish tail in the narrow end of this piece)

I fussy cut 10 butterflies from the Take Flight paper to use as embellishments.
The wooden buttons from this range were also used.



stencil onto a sheet of white cardstock.

Once this was dry I added Glimmermists - Lily Pad and Dew Drop
and a little Dylusions Ink Spry in Slate Grey

Half a piece of Memory Maze Pick Up Sticks Frame Square chipboard
was given a patchy coat of black acrylic paint over the top of the silver acrylic paint 
that had been applied when I used the other half of the chipboard.


The butterflies were layered on top of each other to give me five butterflies to use on my page.


The title was cut from black cardstock using Sizzix 662667 Alphabet die.
Once it had been attached to the layout I gave it a coat of Glossy Accents.

Three sets of three dots using Nuvo Vintage Drops - Peachy Keen finished my layout off.

To watch this layout come together click on the video below.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment