Friday, August 12, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks August Cyber Crop

Good morning

Today I want to share the layout I created for the August Cyber Crop at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The theme for this month is sketches with a pop of sparkle.
There are three sketches for you to choose from or you might like to try all three.

The challenge this layout is for uses this sketch by Heather Waldron (2012)


and this is my layout.


I have used papers from the Bee Arty - Bee the Sunshine paper collection for this layout

To create the background I added Modelling Paste through a 
TCW - Tile Texture stencil using my palette knife.

I used the "smooshing" technique to add the colour to the background. 
I added some water and mica powders to a piece of plastic and dabbed it onto the white cardstock.
I did add a little extra water using my spray bottle once the colour was applied
but not very much because I did not want the colours to run together.
The colours I used are Colour Blast - Colour Mica Powder - Peach Nectar
and Color Crush - Pineapple

I also watered down some Vicki Boutin Gold Glaze and splattered that 
onto the background using my fan brush.

Once the background was dry I trimmed it to 11.5" square 
and matted it onto a 12" x 12" piece of black cardstock

I fussy cut lots of flowers and the honeycomb from the Sunny Days paper.

I also cut strips of paper from the Sunny Days paper and the Gracious paper.
The strips are 7.5" x 1.75", 9" x 1.25", 8" x 1", 2.5" x 1" and 2" x 0.75".

I filed the edges of my 4" x 6" photo and matted it onto a piece of 
pink cardstock measuring 6.25" x 4.25", then onto a piece of 
black cardstock measuring 6.5" x 4.5".
I added a piece of scrap chipboard to the back of the matted photo.

Time now to assemble my layout. I have used Art Glitter glue to attach all of my pieces.
I added Wink of Stella - Clear to all of the pink flowers for my pop of sparkle

I have followed the sketch fairly closely, variations being more flowers in my embellishment cluster,
the honeycomb paper is not the same size/shape as the sketch and I have substituted a little cluster for the butterfly/dragon fly in the top right area.

I have cut my title from black cardstock using my Kaisercraft DD700 Alphabet Upper Case die.
I also added a coat of Glossy Accents to finish the title off.




You can see my process video below
I hope you enjoy watching it and you might like to leave me a thumbs up 
and subscribe to my channel if you don't already.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment