Monday, September 19, 2022

Using Paint on a Layout

Hi there

The focal product at Mystical Scrapbooks this month is paint 
so I decided to create a layout using paint in different ways


I have dry brushed five colours of paint onto white cardstock to create the background

Then I stippled paint through a Colour Blast - Love and Grace stencil to add a little interest



I have used patterned papers from Uniquely Creatives Country Roads and Bella! Wedding 

I have painted chipboard and also heat embossed chipboard.


The title is cut from black cardstock using an alpha die with a coat of Glossy Accents

A scribbly border was drawn around the layout using a black pen.

Here are a few suggestions of ways you could use paint on your projects:-

Paint metal embellishments
Colour chipboard
Apply through a stencil
Water down and use as a wash
Blending and shading
On Acetate
On Velum
Dry brushing
Layering
Add sand or other to give the paint texture
Stipple
Splatter
Apply with a palette knife
Detailing using a fine brush or paint pen
Add a watered down coat to loud patterned paper to tone it down
Colour your Texture/Modelling paste
Stamp using Foam Stamps
Heat emboss over paint

Here is my process video showing how I have used paint on this layout


Would love to hear of ways that you use paint on your projects.

Till next time
Thanks for spending part of your day here with me
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment