Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Pink Christmas Cards 2019 Cards 1 - 3

Good morning

I bought a DCWV paper pad called Merry & Bright and I thought I would use this pad to make my Christmas cards for the year.

This post talks about the first 3 cards.


You can watch the video here if you would like to see how these cards came together.


I have used a cream pearlescent card for the base of these cards. I cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" and folded it in half.

All of the patterned papers have been matted on black cardstock that is 1/8" larger in each direction than the patterned papers

I cut a piece of patterned paper 4 5/8" square and run it through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder that created aChristmas bauble pattern. I ran a Versa Color Old Rose ink pad over the embossed pattern to help it stand out more.

A second patterned paper was cut to 2" x 5" and a third piece measures 1 1/2" x 5"


I used a Penny Black stamp set called Winter Wonderland to stamp a Christmas tree on a piece of the off cuts from the card bases. I then used Zing Black Glitter embossing powder to heat emboss the design. I trimmed the cardstock to a tag shape, added an eyelet and threaded some crochet cotton through the eyelet.

The 4 5/8" and the 2" pieces were added to the paper with double side tape, attaching a strip of lace under the 2" piece. The 1 1/2" piece was attached to the card using foam squares. The tag was then attached on top of the card using glue on one half and foam squares on the other half.

The greeting is created using my computer and printer, then I swiped my Old Rose ink pad over the greeting before mounting it on black cardstock. This was attached to thecae at the bottom of the tag.

A piece of patterned paper was cut to 5" square and attached to the inside right of the card. I stamped a verse inside the card using a thINKing Stamps stamp. It says We wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in the shape of a Christmas Tree.


The second card is very easy and straight forward. I have had the patterned paper that had the Christmas trees printed on it for about 5 years. I can not remember the brand of the paper but I think it could be Kaisercraft. The colour went well with this paper collection so I fussy cut three trees out.

I cut a piece of patterned paper to 5" square and attached that to the card base. On top of that I added a piece of Organze mesh with Glitter that I had trimmed down to fit.


The Christmas trees blended into the background more than I wanted so I mounted them on an off cut from the card base. I used foam squares and glue to attach the trees over the top of the mesh so the glue would hold the mesh in place also.

The greeting is computer generated once again, attached to a piece of cardstock and then attached to the card using foam squares.


The final card for today has two layers of patterned paper that have had their edges distressed and inked. The pink paper is 5" square and the black paper is 4 3/4" square. These have been attached to the card base using double sided tape.


I used a Magnolia stamp to stamp the trees on some white cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder. I fussy cut the trees and attached them to the card front with foam squares.

The greeting was generated on my computer and matted on the two patterned papers. This was then attached to the card with foam squares.

I used Starlight Rose Scribbles (similar to Stickles) and added spots to the trees to give the look of Christmas tree decorations, I also added gold star stickers to the tops of the trees.

Three simple but effective cards for Christmas.

Don't forget to check out the video here

Thanks for dropping by today.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment