Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Mother's Day card 2020

Good morning

Mother's Day is approaching here in Australia and so I am making a card for my Mum today

It is a multi layered card and I have used Kaisercraft's Secret Garden papers and collectables on this card

You can watch the video here.




To make the card bases I have cut three pieces of white cardstock 4" x 9 1/2" and two tags 1 @
3 1/2" x 6" and one 3 1/2" x 5"

The three 9 1/2" pieces of cardstock need to be scored on the long side, one at 1 3/4" from each end, one at 2" from each end and the last one at 2 1/4" from each end

The patterned papers need to be cut at:-
Patterned paper No. 1 - 4 pieces at 1 5/8" x 3 7/8" and 2 pieces at 3/4" x 3 7/8"
Patterned paper No. 2 - 4 pieces at 1 7/8" x 3 7/8" and 2 pieces at 3/4" x 3 7/8"
Patterned paper No. 3 - 4 pieces at 2 1/8" x 3 7/8" and 1 piece 4 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Patterned paper No. 4 - 1 piece 5 7/8" x 3 7/8", this piece goes on the back of the card to hide and protect the ribbon that is used to tie the card closed.

I have inked the edges of all of the patterned papers before attaching them to the card base.

Starting from the inside of the card (the piece that has the score makes at 2 1/4") attach patterned paper No. 3, then patterned paper no 2 to the middle layer and patterned paper no. 1 to the bottom layer.

On the back of the top and middle layers, place double sided tape on the edges and bottom of the middle section (between the score marks). Layer them on top of each other and the bottom layer, making two pockets that will hold the tags.

Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go around the card and tie a bow (mine is 32" long) attach it to the back centre section of the card using double sided tape. Attach patterned paper No. 4 on top of this.

Add patterned paper to both sides of the tags, you will need two pieces of patterned paper 3 3/8" x 5 7/8" and two 3 3/8" x 4 7/8".
Add an eyelet to each tag and thread some ribbon through it

Now it is time to add your embellishments. I have used some items from the collectables pack, some die cuts that I cut using Spellbinders Labels 8 die, Kaisercraft Polaroid Frame die, a butterfly die, and a stitched tags die.

The photos below show how I have embellished each layer.





I will use the white die cut pieces to write my greeting.



I hope I have encouraged you to give this card a try. I saw the card on Pinterest and thought it would be ideal for what I had in mind. I wanted to include a family photo in my card because, with things as they are at the moment we will not get to see Mum on Mother's Day.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment