Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Pyramids Layout

Good morning,

Today I am sharing a layout. During the creation of this layout I changed my mind several times.

You can view the video on my YouTube channel if you would like to see more detail and exactly how this page came together

To create this layout I have used a Craft Concepts paper pad called Vintage Grunge.


I chose five papers from the pad.

I created a 1" frame using one of the papers (the striped one) for the background.

The next paper was trimmed to 11 1/2" square and torn along one edge.
I used TCW stencil "Two Hearts" and Mont Marte Modelling Paste to add some dimension and white to this paper.

Next I trimmed three patterned papers down to 7" x 12", 6" x 12" and 5" x 12" and tore the 12" edges on them all.

All of these layers were then attached on top of each other using double sided tape.

Using an American Crafts punch I punched along the edge of a piece of patterned paper, I tucked a 6" piece of this behind the bottom layer of the torn papers, at the top right and the bottom left of the layered stack.

The photo I had originally wanted to use on this layout did not suit these papers, in my opinion the whole layout looked too dark for it, so I changed the photos these holiday photos. I matted the photos on a light coloured paper from the pad so they would stand out from the background

The other change of mind was the title. I used my Scan N Cut to cut the title in white cardstock but when I attached it to the layout I felt that it got lost so I cut the same thing in black cardstock and glued that directly on top of the white one.

To embellish the layout I used my stitched diamonds dies to cut three sizes of diamonds from the striped patterned paper, cut them in half so they resembled a pyramid and tucked them into the torn layered papers. With a black pen I drew faux stitching lines on them.

I still wanted to lighten the colour and feel of the page so I tore the edges of some white cardstock and tucked that in at the back of the torn layer stack, both top and bottom and at the top of the page where the background paper was attached to the background frame.

I know that that may sound a little confusing so I would encourage you to check out the video, if you are anything like me it is much easier to follow instructions if you can see it being done instead of just reading them.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment