Friday, January 15, 2021

January 2021 Cyber Crop at Mystical Scrapbooks

 Hello hello

Today's layout was created using a sketch I created for the January 2021 Cyber Crop over at Mystical Scrapbooks. You will find the crop here. There are two other sketches for you to use and prizes to be won.

This is the sketch I used


and this is my layout 


I have used Colour Blast's Arty Farty paper range...these are the papers and the sizes:-
Courage - 8.5" x 10.25"
Artist - 6.75" x 8.5" and the Small Pennant that is 1.75" x 8.5" (Embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder)
Ideas - 11" x 2.5"
Possibilities 10.25" x 1.75"
Transform - Large Pennant 2" x 10" (Embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder)

The frame around the outside of the layout is black cardstock that has had the middle cut out leaving a 1" frame.
The background is a Core Color Cardstock - Orange. this is cut down to 11.5" x 11.5"
The photo (5.5" x 7") is matted on Core Color Cardstock - Aquarium 5 5/8" x 7 1/8".
All of the patterned papers have had the edges inked with black ink.

I used an emery board to file the edges of the photo giving it a fine white border.

Each of the patterned papers and the photo also have a black mat - the sizes of these are:-
6 7/8" x 8 5/8"
8 5/8" x 10 3/8"
11 1/8" x 2 5/8"
10 3/8" x 1 7/8"
5 3/4" x 7 1/4" (photo mat)

I have used DecoFoil - Transfer Gel Duo through Cadence Stencil No. MU03 then set that aside to dry. Once it was dry (ie it was clear) I laid gold Fab Foil on top and ran over it with my brayer, applying even pressure to transfer the foil to the gel.

To create my embellishments I stamped Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3550 - Dahlia Bouquet stamp twice onto a piece of the patterned paper using Versmark Embossing ink, applied StampIt Superfine Black Embossing powder and set it with my heat tool. These were then fussy cut as I don't have the matching die 

I also wanted to add some paper flowers, some of which were yellow daisy type flowers. To add a bit of sparkle to the daisies I applied some glue to the centres and then sprinkled them with Dress My Craft Frosted Sugar Powder.

The flowers were then added to the layout in clusters, one cluster to the top left of the photo and a smaller one to the bottom right of the photo

The title is from Memory Maze's Arrow Words - Kiss Sweet chipboard set. I have coloured it with a black permanent marker and attached it to the layout using glue

Here are a few closeups.





You can see the process video for this layout below


 Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
I hope I have inspired you to get crafty.
Why not pop over to Mystical Scrapbooks and check out the other sketches they have in their Cyber Crop.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment