Friday, January 7, 2022

Cards using Prima's Nature Garden 6" paper pad

Good morning

Today I am sharing a couple of cards I made using Prima's Nature Garden paper collection.
This is a very old collection and I don't think it is still available.

My aim with these cards is to use items from my stash

Both of the cards are 4" x 5 7/8" and cut from 240 gsm smooth white cardstock


Let's start with the first card


I have used two sheets of the same patterned paper for this card.
I have cut a piece 3 7/8" x 5 3/4" for the background,
a piece 2" x 4" and a piece 1" x 3" to make the fishtail pennants.

I also cut white cardstock to mat the pennants.
These measure 2 1/8" x 4 1/8" and 1 1/8" x 3 1/8"

I have inked around the edges of all of the patterned paper and cardstock 
with a Versa Color Cocoa ink cube.

The background patterned paper is attached to the card-base using double sided tape.
A layer of craft foam was attached to the back of the pennants 
before they were attached to the card front. The thinner pennant overlaps the wider one.

A strip of white lace was attached under the thinner pennant at the same time 
it was attached to the card front. I used Art Glitter glue to do this.

I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die to create the flower on this card.
Here is the showing how I created this flower.


A piece of cheese cloth and a black & white Baker's Twine bow 
were added under the flower. It was attached using hot glue.

The sentiment is chipboard that has had a coat of white gesso.
I then coloured it with the Cocoa ink, this did not stand out enough 
so after I had attached it to the card I swiped over it with my black ink cube.



For the inside I cut a piece of the same patterned paper 3 7/8" x 5 3/4", inked the edges with Cocoa ink and used double sided tape to attach it to the inside right panel of the card.

I stamped happy birthday using Scrapbook.com's Happy birthday to You stamp
with Versafine's Onyx Black Ink onto white cardstock. 
I then used my heat tool and Clear Embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment

I trimmed the cardstock down, inked the edges and attached it in the centre of the patterned paper.

I had a flower that was left over from a previous project, it was cut using Cheery Lin's Chrysanthemum Strip die and white cardstock. I attached the flower
 and added a little Nuvo Vintage Drops in Peachy Keen to the centre just to finish it off

The second card


All of the papers and cardstock on this card have had their edges inked with a black Versa Color ink cube.

I chose two patterned papers from the pad for this card.
I cut one 3 3/4" x 5 5/8" and the other 2" x 5 5/8"

A piece of white cardstock was cut to 2 1/4" x 5 5/8" to mat the smaller piece of patterned paper.

I added some scrap chipboard to the back of this panel.

After I had attached the large piece of patterned paper to the front of the card base I used some Art Glitter glue to attach half a paper doily so the edge of it lined up with the right hand edge of the card front.

The patterned paper panel was then attached so that it slightly overlapped the edge of the paper doily

A strip of lace was attached to the centre of the panel using double sided tape.

To embellish the front of the card I stamped all of the flowers and leaves in 
Heartfelt Creations - Botanical Rose stamp set onto smooth white cardstock

To colour the flowers I used Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage and 
Distress Oxide inks in Speckled Egg and Tattered Rose

I smudged my inks onto an acrylic block and then used my water brush to 
add the colour to the stamped images.

I then fussy cut them using my spring assisted scissors

I added Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze to the centre of each flower

I had an oval chipboard frame from Imaginarium Chipboard.
I gave it a coat of gesso and them coloured it with the 

These were all attached to the card front using hot glue

The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative's Ocean Breeze Mini Cut a Part sheet.



For the inside I cut two strips of the same patterned paper I used
 as the background panel on the card front to 1" x 5 5/8", 
I attache one strip to each side of the back inside panel.

You will find my process video below


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment