Saturday, January 29, 2022

Live your best Life Art Journal page

Hello, hello

Welcome to my blog today where I want to show you an art journal page I have just completed.


I used Gelatos to colour the background. The colours I used are
Lemon, Red Cherry, Tangerine, Gold Champagne and Butter Cream

Once the colours were dry I gave my page a coat of Boyle Matt Spray
to seal it so the colours would not move when I added any other mediums.

I cut the circles from both white and black cardstock using Kaisercraft DD942 Stitched Circle Die.

I used pearl acrylic paints to colour the circles.
I gave each circle a couple of coats of a light colour 
then shaded around the edges with a darker tone of the same colour.

The colours I used are Duncan brand pearl acrylics
Lemon Drop, Powder Blue, Sparkling Sapphire, Bright Turquoise, Golden Aqua, Golden Lime, Golden Turquoise, and Green
I also used Folk Art Metallic Pure Gold


I stencilled onto the background using a 13@rts broken circles stencil.

Firstly I used Duncan Natural Texture (gritty paste) in Pumpkin
then Duncan Pearl White acrylic paint.

The stamping on the background is done with Archival Jet Black Ink 
and an assortment of circle stamps.
One of the stamps is Kaisercraft's Stains stamp set 
and the other two are unknown brands.


I used my black Stabilo All pencil and a wet brush to shade around each of the circles 
before giving them a scribbly border using slightly watered down
 black acrylic paint in a Fineliner bottle.

The same bottle of paint was used to draw a scribbly border around the page.

I gave each of the circles a highlight using a flat brush and some watered down white acrylic paint.

The same watered down paint was used with my fan brush to add a good amount of splatters to my page.


The quote has been stamped using Tim Holtz Cling foam stamps from the block lower alphas set.

The centre part of the quote was printed using my Brother PTouch label maker.

There is a lot of texture and shine on this page.

Here is my process video for you to check out


As always, thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe,
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment