Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks February Challenge

Good morning

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the February challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks

There is a sketch challenge this month and this is the sketch I created for the challenge.
There are two challenges and two sketches for you to use.



The added requirement for this challenge is to use some altered chipboard on your page.

This is my layout
You can see it closely follows the sketch.


The paper I have used for this layout is Mechanism from Kaisercraft's Time Machine range.

The background is white cardstock

I tore two strips approximately 2" wide and 2 approximately 1/2" wide 
and layered the 1/2" strip behind the 2" strips.
These were then attached to the sides of my layout.

My photos are 4" x 3", I filed around the edge of each one 
with an emery board to give a thin white border.
I then matted them onto the dark side of the Mechanism patterned paper

I have added scraps of chipboard to the back of my photos 
to give them a little lift when I attach them to my layout

I have used two packets of chipboard on my layout.

I coated the chipboard with white Gesso and then

I wanted the Dusty Attic Cog Border #3 to look a bit rusty and old 
so I added some textured brown paint, 
that I have had in my stash for about 20 years,
just randomly around the edges.


I painted these with the same silver metallic paint so they had the same look as my chipboard.


I tucked the border chipboard edge under the side strips, 
using liquid glue to hold it in place.

I attached the photos to the layout, then added the single cogs, both chipboard and metal,
so some of them overlapped the photos.

I wanted some of the chipboard elements on the side panels. 
I painted them with black acrylic paint so they would stand out better on the green paper
 and attached them using Art Glitter glue.
I find that this glue works extremely well for attaching chipboard and metal objects.


To create the title I used my Kaisercraft Alphabet Upper Case dies
 to cut "Toys" from the same patterned paper.

I attached these to a piece of acetate, added thin strips of chipboard 
behind the first two letters, before attaching it at the bottom of my page 
so it overlapped the vacant area of the bottom photo.
I gave the title a coat of Glossy Accents for a nice shine.



Here is my process video. I hope you enjoy watching it.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment